2018 KTM 790 Adventure

Made my side stand adjustable for height :)

Attachments

• 20180829_141101-01.jpg
    20180829_141101-01.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 884
Dont need a stand
a59ad44e6eebc7096b547e0b3f12cdd1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

For anyone thinking of buying a bike with luggage rack you will see the mounting plate is required for luggage rack to be fitted so the cost is very high for a simple rack.

Having looked at the loading options today, the Touratech racks hold the Wolfman panniers fine with one of the wide straps locating underneath the seat and the other just off the seat. There is plenty of room for a roll bag across the pillion seat and top of the panniers.

The standard rack that comes with the bike is perfect size for the Wolfman tool bag. This fits without the £380-£400 rack add-one being required.

Now for the rear luggage plate.

IMG_2358.jpg

No need for the £110+ KTM luggage plate add on.

I've measured the spacers required to bolt directly to the one thats there. It's going to look better than the KTM luggage plate/top box holder too!

15mm spacers and 4 longer bolts. I'll tidy up the drawing, measurements and post. The plate will need to be drilled for the 4 new bolt locations and if you can't manage that then load your wallet with £110. I reckon the spacers and bolts will be circa £10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There you go, saved by the brilliantly designed fuel tank.

Bit of bling added today.

View attachment 404821

What is the bling, the paddock stand pegs, the rubber bushes or the sprocket ?

How many miles have you done and have you adjusted the chain?

What is the bling, the paddock stand pegs, the rubber bushes or the sprocket ?

How many miles have you done and have you adjusted the chain?

A dizzy 70 miles. I bent my clutch fingers sideways in a skiing incident two weeks ago. The damage is getting worse so I need to rest for a couple of weeks. Sad about that obviously.

I got the orange sprocket in the deal and also the front and rear crash bungs. I may throw £20 at the powder coaters and get the silencer blacked up. I don't mind the sound, or lack of it(!) But the bare aluminium looks really NAFF. Not sure if there's anything better to coat it in other than ceramic but that's pricey to scrape on the trails.

The stand bobbins are old and have been on 3 KTM so far. They clean up well with a drill and Emery

Worth checking your chain alignment. Mine was a little out - not by much.

Yeah got it now need the fuel gauge fix rode it home 110 miles absolutely love it pretty much everything you said would agree with love the way it looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah got it now need the fuel gauge fix rode it home 110 miles absolutely love it pretty much everything you said would agree with love the way it looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Easier to get on and off too. I prefer it to the 701s I’ve ridden. Strangely it has the characteristic KTM 690 sound.

Back
Top Bottom