Sinroja

cherokee

Reaction score
Been up to see these guys today, a buddy is building a very cool airhead, these guys build some nice bikes...

Attachments

• 20161213_121231-2448x1836.jpg
    20161213_121231-2448x1836.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 582
They send most of the bits out to be done else where and then whack loads of money on top. They're wiring harnesses are done by towzer at long eaton. Engines and gearboxes used to go to scriminger (I think) so may now be done by Mikeyboy. Do it yourself and save five grand.

Yes i think some of what you say is correct,although i think now they are doing engine and gearbox work in house. My buddy took his gearbox there today for a rebuild, and picked up his heads that they'd worked on to enable use of unleaded..my buddy is building an airhead but cant do some of the work himself, we had that discussion on the drive up, im not sure what constitutes a true build. These guys have built a few bikes and for sure they dont build all inhouse their paintwork costs them silly money £500 for a tank so if you want them to build you a bike its gonna be big money.Id love to try to build something but know id have to farm jobs out.

They send most of the bits out to be done else where and then whack loads of money on top. They're wiring harnesses are done by towzer at long eaton. Engines and gearboxes used to go to scriminger (I think) so may now be done by Mikeyboy. Do it yourself and save five grand.
No way Rob,we had a few conversations about stuff and I decided I did not want to get involved at all in their operations ..
I think it's best left at that on a public forum

I can only go on my experiences but have found them to very helpful with some good advice for my 1st time build. the head work looks ok to me and hopefully the gearbox rebuild will be .

Steve . newbie directed here by quint (Cherokee)

Steve,

Instead of going to middlemen go straight to the guys who do the work. Mikeyboy is the other side of Leicester

Build No.2 is going to have quite radical rake :blast

I am new to all this and didn't know about mike when I dropped off the gearbox .... I assumed there was no "middleman" and they do the work themselves .

I have spoken to the guys quite a few times and was happy for them to do the work.

I will draw my own conclusions when I get the box back .

Steve

Hey guys this is Rahul of Sinroja Motorcycles. Newbie here, never knew about this website till Steve introduced me to it. Had to make an account as it's super interesting forum with a ton of help and a lot to learn. Thanks Steve.

Thought to comment here to clarify a few things.

We are a young company and we've developed quite a fan following and loyal customer base in past two years we've been operational.

We take huge pride in our work and strive to give the best value for money service, plus provide warranties with our work.

Being young we know there's a lot of "tricks of trade" that we are yet to learn and hence we use the best people in the trade to work alongside us so we can give the best end product to our customer who never seems to have an issue with that. Off course we are trying to make a living out of it so it won't always be cheapest but then we are not saying we are cheapest either and we don't want to be. Every successful company today outsources, that's the best way to keep costs down, turn around times quicker and provide best service. If doing every single things in house is a criteria to be called a bike builder then I don't think I know a single person in this world who doesn't outsource/buy anything from outside. Buy parts is same as buying services in my mind.

We are proud of our partners that we work with, may that be Towza at Towzatronics who's the best guy I know to wire bike, Glen who does our paint, or Steve Scriminger who used to do our engines as lets be honest we all know that he's one of the best guys to speak to about BMWs and engines in general. I'm always ope to suggestions on other people in trade to try but that doesn't mean it's because ones I work with are not good. Like Quint suggested us a painted and we are more than happy to explore that avenue.

Finally a bit of background and current scenario, my brother and I come from a family of engineering background. Whilst my brother was managing at local engineering firm I studied Materials and Mechanical Engineering at University of Birmingham and then did Bachelors in mechanical engineering at Aston University. Since young we grew up on and around bikes in India. Bikes is our passion and hence we started this business.

We are always eager to learn form anyone and everyone and always keeps our ears open. When we heard Steve was retiring, we needed someone else to work with our engines and gearboxes. Off course as Mike said we discussed this with him but we couldn't get to an agreement and hence since then we've brought everything in house with help of Steve Scriminger. We built a great relationship with him in past two years and he's agreed to help us with our business so he is training us on BMW's. Making sure we provide the best workmanship for our customers. So there's no middleman here, we wouldn't do that to anyone. Every article published on us, we have proudly mentioned everyone who's worked with us and helped us. We are not in business of stealing other people's work and credits.

I hope that helps everyone get some background on us.

Now onto interesting stuff, we've got some great projects going on. We have 5 engines to rebuild. 2 BMW's to original spec a R80 Mono and R75/5 and then we also have 3 Honda engines (some of you may not like that on here but they're cool) 2 Cb550's and a CB500 all 3 with high compression pistons (11:1 roughly) sports cams, big bores, CR carbs etc.

I hope to make some time and share our projects on here and also read and learn from others' experiences on here.

Thank you and super happy to be part of this community.

Rahul

PS: Can someone tell me how to attach pictures on here, would love to share some photos of our workshop and builds going on.

Welcome Rahul

Good first post! Best of luck to the business.

Welcome to the forum Rahul.

I don't want to speak for anyone else on here but I'm here because I enjoy reading about all aspects of airhead engineering. I'm not really bothered about originality, as some on here are, but equally airheads as an art form leave me cold and I don't think I'm the only one! So award winning custom bikes are not our thing, we are far more interested in mechanical and electrical improvements that make these bikes more rideable and reliable. As you have probably realised there is significant demand for engine and gearbox refurbishment services (and quite a few people offering these services in your part of the world).

Hondas - I've owned a few over the years which is why I now own BMW airheads and Guzzis.

Thank you B Murr, I'll look into that.

Thank you Kenny, yeah Steve's top bloke indeed. So much for us to learn from him. He's been playing bikes and BMW's before I was even born.

ChasF indeed it's so much learning here. I've spent a good few hours today on here. I love the engineering aspects of airheads too. We've got a few very cool things cooking engine wise which we will share once we've finalised everything. Hopefully next summer.

There's a genuine demand out there for sure for rebuilds and there aren't any young lads like us doing it and we want to make sure there's a place to go to in 5/10 years time when a lot of people like Steve has retired.

Back
Top Bottom