Klim Badlands

Wonkey donkey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So tried the jacket on last week and thought it was OK but every time I put it on the kidney belt would disappear in to the jacket and the only way I could get tit back was to take it off again. Is this normal or was it just me and that jacket could be faulty ?

When you're used to it it's not a problem, there's a knack - there's an internal loop that the belt should go through and if it's come out of that the belt tends to 'disappear' much more readily.

Andres

Had my Badlands for a year and very impressed with it. Only niggle is the bottom 2 pockets on the jacket aren't waterproof��
The elasticated kidney belt eats a lot of base layers like Belly Hanson, as their material sticks like buggery to the Velcro!

God, I really hope that "Belly Hanson" wasn't a typo!!

Sent from a OnePlusX

I like mine, which I have had for a few years now, only complaint is Velcro is ruining the jacket in a couple of places. Still looks smart. I'm not sure if any brand of the textile jackets are waterproof, certainly the Rukka it replaced didn't have waterproof pockets.

Love mine, bought one second hand from fluffmeister here and it's been an incredible jacket, even in minus 9 . I sling the kidney back thing inside the jacket, easier to wear . Love it .

Tit and a belly in the first few postings.

I've had my jacket nearly three years. Best I've had, and the belt does disappear sometimes when it comes off the loop that was mentioned earlier. I've had no problems with the Velcro attacking the base layer.

I use the kidney belt when I go trail riding, otherwise I fold it back inside the rear " pocket" .
Mark

Just velcro it together when you don't use which saves it slipping back into the jacket. Easy peesy

I am still breaking my jacket in a fret 18 months of use
I have the Klim infurno mid layer jacket and as said above the kidney belt is eating into it might have a word with Klim

Thanks guys narrowed down to Klim or Rukka now so hopefully be some bargains in Boxing Day sales:D

Well just pulled the trigger on Klim Badlands kit. Got a great deal by using price match with Sportsbikeshop from price offered on EBay by M&P. Thanks for your input UKGSER rocks :D

Tervos!

Two questions...

- Is there detachable inner layer?

- Is that suite worth it?

Disgusted my Alpinestars valparaiso....

-Ike-

Tervos!

Two questions...

-Ike-

There is no detachable inner layer, they are designed to be layered up. With all the venting they are cool in summer and layered up plenty warm enough for a UK winter.

Mine is 100% waterproof (including pockets) and they are very tough, well made. I think they are a bit of an acquired taste though; the sizing is a bit strange so I recommend you try one on. For me I had the choice of the body having a fit that would take lots of layers but the ams were too big/long or arms that fitted and the body was a snug fit (i.e. not a lot of spare room for layers). I went with the latter in the end and have been very happy as I've discovered that just a couple of thin merino wool layers is enough for winter.
The material is very stiff when new and doesn't really relax until you have worn it a lot and given it at least one wash.

Worth the money? Mmmmmm, the jury is still out, they are very expensive............but I ride a lot of miles all year round so on that basis yes, it's probably worth the money as it's still doing the job it's supposed to and shows no signs of wearing out any time soon. I've used Klim gear off road for many years prior to the current range of road based gear and it's always been well made and very tough, I still use it.

Andres

Tervos!

Two questions...

-Ike-

No liners or inner layers. You layer up according to the weather conditions. Felt a bit strange at first but i think is so much easier now I've had the jacket nearly three years

I have had mine 4 years or so now and it is still fantastic

I wash it once per year with at the nikwax stuff

never let me down yet and the venting is superb for a properly waterproof jacket

The built in kidney belt is excellent once you have it fastened in correctly

Tested mine out properly today. M1 for 40 miles and it was absolutely pissing it down all the way. I was lovely and warm and totally dry when I got home, top kit and very happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom