Scrapyard dog or Phoenix from the fire?

Mikey

Paralever for me, forks are looking nice and top yoke looks like an engineering project, I have resisted going down the change of fork route but........this is not helping

Mikey

Paralever for me, forks are looking nice and top yoke looks like an engineering project, I have resisted going down the change of fork route but........this is not helping

I have no idea of the end product for project stealth:D
But be aware most modern usd forks are quite short,prob due to the manufacturer looking for a small frontal area with 200mph machines,a good donor bike would be zx10r,around 20 mm longer than the Suzuki fork ,but readily available as they are a popular race bike so the fast boys upgrade:clap
I was looking to get a set for this bike but won a red wine fuelled auction:blast
Edit,,having the stepped yoke that chris has made has brought things back in the right ball park,Ref the overall length,so all is good as this bike was always going to be a roadster.

With mega forks and super brakes it could actually do performance shizzle, so it would be a shame if the back suspension let it down; for that reason, I'm backing the Paralever.:thumb2

Monolever is prettiest tho.:D

I'd go monolever, but you'd know that without asking me.

Just looks better and it's a looks bike.

But on the other hand, if the paralever leaves you with a spare shaft .... :augie

Mikey

Project stealth is going down a similar route you have taken super bike bars are also on my list. I have complete front end for a 2014 speed triple bought for another project and your right the fork length is a potential issue, I also picked up on some comments about odd handeling with a 17 front wheel so I considered making a top yoke with adjustable rake but that's for another day so sticking with the STD forks shortened to work with the ride height I want.
What ride height or dimension under the frame are you aiming for ? Please keep the updates coming.

Mikey

Paralever every time :beerjug:

Monos are shite! Any bike that changes the length of its wheelbase while you're going round a bend has got to be pretty fucked up! (que the desperate rush to maintain market values...)

Mikey

Project stealth is going down a similar route you have taken super bike bars are also on my list. I have complete front end for a 2014 speed triple bought for another project and your right the fork length is a potential issue, I also picked up on some comments about odd handeling with a 17 front wheel so I considered making a top yoke with adjustable rake but that's for another day so sticking with the STD forks shortened to work with the ride height I want.
What ride height or dimension under the frame are you aiming for ? Please keep the updates coming.
I won't be running this with a 17 inch front wheel,end plan is a 19 inch spoked wheel so will probably be a custom build.

Paralever every time :beerjug:

Monos are shite! Any bike that changes the length of its wheelbase while you're going round a bend has got to be pretty fucked up! (que the desperate rush to maintain market values...)
Rob,not a mono fan then:D
The para conversion adds a lot of work,but is in keeping with the scrapyard dog theme:p
The bike will be carrying two of us around most of the time so I think the improved ride will be worth the extra work:thumb

I rode a mono g/s for many years. Fine as a runabout but I got to the point that I couldn't face riding it anywhere because it was too much of a drag.

I rode a mono g/s for many years. Fine as a runabout but I got to the point that I couldn't face riding it anywhere because it was too much of a drag.

I agree with Rob ...done loads of miles on both
Paralever is vastly better to ride

...............Any bike that changes the length of its wheelbase while you're going round a bend has got to be pretty fucked up!....................

Is this due to the infamous BMW shaft jacking under power?

Is it too late to put a vote in for the Paralever? Much happier on my R100R than the 1987 R100RS ...... apart from in the rain, but that had little to do with the suspension :)

And the fork length on most modern road bikes is just a wee bit too short for a road focused R100. But things like KTM Supermotos (from the 950 onwards) or Ducati Multistradas should make an easier swap as you just need to shorten the springs. I've still to get mine done :-/

Your vote is on the positive side as I am in the middle of modifying Mikes frame for the paralever. :D

Back
Top Bottom