Classic TT

cherokee

Reaction score
Have any of you guys fitted or know anything about classic TT tyres on a modern thruxton/bonneville? Also im toying with doing the airbox removal mod Ramair to a kit any experience of these....?

Why? I mean ... Could it be you are taking the retro thing a bit too far?

Maybe

Yeah maybe but seen them on this and think they'll suit the bike....

Attachments

• IMG-20161222-WA0007-1000x562.jpg
    IMG-20161222-WA0007-1000x562.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 153
I dunno their 'look' actually looks a bit too old for the bike to me, they look more 50's and 60's hot rod, whereas the bike is more 1970's styled, each to there own though, a triumph project will be on my list soon, it will be interesting to see your results

Im here to get flamed, iv got the 900 thruxton im putting tracker bars on Gulf racing paint scheme bashplate diff mirrors throttle body caps diff rear lights fender, indicators and im trying to decide to go tourance/tkc or go more street tyre like these classic tts or spitfires...iv done the air injection removal mod and because iv got it apart im tempted to do the airbox removal and ecu remap, i already have the exhausts....

They appear to be the Avon Safety Mileage II tyres with a rear pattern tyre also fitted on the front , instead of a ribbed one.

Totally unsuitable for a Thruxton with S rated speed (up to 112mph) , the pattern of tyre has been around for over 40 years and back in the late 70's I bought a Honda cb250 with matching correct pattern Speedmaster tyres fitted, it was absolutely shocking , even as an impoverished student I binned the two brand new tyres for a pair of Roadrunners .

If you want to go for a certain look then fine but you will ruin the bikes handling

Ok guys binned those then.....but a poor handling bike lol you can ride i take it...iv owned an r nine t and my thruxton handles as good.....well obvioulsly not if i fit the classics......plan b then...

Back
Top Bottom