Desert Fox 12v compressor

Slipperyeel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm toying with the idea of buying one of these 12v compressors to carry on they bike.

It's from bikegear.co.za

I've found others out there which 'look similar' but don't match up to the spec of this Desert Fox item, which really seems good. Bikegear has kindly gotten back to me with a quote to ship to me in the UK. But when shipping is added, it's all looking a bit pricey.

Is anyone familiar with these particular compressors? I'd be interested in some feedback before i forked out.

Alternatively, anyone commuting to SA that could pick one up for me (for a reward of course)?

Cheers

No one?

Looks like I might just have to take the plunge without any feedback...

It seems a long way to go for a pump. Most of those are the same item dressed up in the vendors own plastic casing. None will work off the BMW standard socket. I've broken out a few and fitted crocodile clips to a lead. They then wrap up very small. There are numerous sellers of pumps out there try eBay or amazon. If you google the item you might get some customer reviews. Personally I would be looking to buy nearer home. JJH

It seems a long way to go for a pump. Most of those are the same item dressed up in the vendors own plastic casing. None will work off the BMW standard socket. I've broken out a few and fitted crocodile clips to a lead. They then wrap up very small. There are numerous sellers of pumps out there try eBay or amazon. If you google the item you might get some customer reviews. Personally I would be looking to buy nearer home. JJH

This one works off standard BMW plug!
http://www.adventurebikeshop.co.uk/dynaplug_micro_inflator

I have one and so far it has worked ok with my R1200GS LC for topping up tyre pressures without any problems.

Ian

Thanks for the feedback!

JJH. You're probably right, the option from SA is probably a bit over the top.

But the spec is good and the unit seems to be serviceable, which means it should be the last one I buy (famous last words ).

The cheap little units described are, I agree, incredibly cheap for what they are. But they take an age to fill a tyre from zero and I bet they are red hot by the end of it?

But I'm still thinking..

Back
Top Bottom