de-cat headers advice??

ghost-rider

Reaction score
hiya all, after a little bit of advice lads, I'm currently looking into buying a set of decat headers for me GSA, now initially I was gonna just plonk for the akra set in titanium so it matches the end can etc., but me question is firstly what colour realistically do the akra titanium pipes go after long term use is there a need to clean em up with a bit of autosol etc., or are they literally a raw finish which you just cant polish???

secondly the remus stainless headers caught my eye, for two reasons one coz ive had em before and secondly (and probably mainly:augie) the price, but I notice the remus headers come in what looks like a raw/satin finish??, anybody have any experience of these??,finish,what colour they go,easy to clean etc.etc.???

cheers in advance:thumby:

ok, nice one:thumby: wot u rekon to the finish of em, I'm told there like a ruff satin finish???

b5bab0b1433750533579d1448aba9adb.jpg
standard akro from my 14 plate now on the 17 to.still the same pulls very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b5bab0b1433750533579d1448aba9adb.jpg
standard akro from my 14 plate now on the 17 to.still the same pulls very well

are they the akra headers or remus, I cant quite make it out???, if there akra, are they stainless????, basically I'm trying to work out whether the titanium akras are worth the extra money, people seem to say "they go a lovely shade of blue", but do they stay that colour or do they eventually go the same as the rest of em, that dirty shade of brown:blast, in which case I mite aswell buy the cheaper stainless akras or even the remus headers.

From watching an old RoyalJordanian video titanium headers aren't meant it need cleaning and should retain the blue colouring.

Interested to see owner reviews/thoughts.

https://youtu.be/-d8nwlY1vUA

are they the akra headers or remus, I cant quite make it out???, if there akra, are they stainless????, basically I'm trying to work out whether the titanium akras are worth the extra money, people seem to say "they go a lovely shade of blue", but do they stay that colour or do they eventually go the same as the rest of em, that dirty shade of brown:blast, in which case I mite aswell buy the cheaper stainless akras or even the remus headers.

They are stainless akra.very good quality

Got a set of Remus headers for my 2010 TC - do I need to fit them with the rubber washers that are fitted to the originals or can I do without

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here are my ti headers on my Rallye....

I can take a close up, if you want?

Attachments

• IMG_6385.jpg
    IMG_6385.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 166
And mine. Couldn't see this and not get involved
2774190f66deca3749fabd0bad264c93.jpg
554e2f14764dcd58d489eaf1554d925c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom