Yep, want one, yep, bought one.

roadiesean

Reaction score
So, after nearly 30 years away from motorbikes, I finally managed to sneak one past the wife last year by buying a 1939 BSA M20 out of a hedge which needed restoration, that got swapped for a BSA Bantam 175 just restored, which required me to get my UK licence (I am an Aussie, been here 29 years, but Aussie bike licences don't transfer over) so have gone through CBT and Theory, have Mod 1 next week, then off to Australia for 5 weeks, so bought the GS off Bath Road MC and they are holding it till I get back from Australia and have completed my Mod 2 and I will then get the train down and collect it. In between return from Aus and collecting it, do the Mod 2 and sell the Bantam hopefully !

So, thats me, Aussie expat, living north of London, avid, fanatical cyclist and am overcoming a painful and expensive addiction to Porsches which are now departing my life, hence the return to biking and I as much as I fancy another Mike Halewood Rep (like the one I had back in Aus and sold - for $2000 !!) I think knowing how I ride a bicycle, there would be a great danger of me doing myself a bit of a mischief on another Ducati, so my life changed when I bought a BMW Rallye suit off a cycling forum for £125 !! and thought that if the bikes were anywhere near as good as the suit, they were worth a closer look. So having no plans of changing the Bantam for anything, I think it will be sold with me only riding it about 4 miles. Can't wait to get the GS. Pics to follow !

Great introduction welcome along ...which GS have you bought ? 800 ? 1200 ? Good luck with the tests

So, after nearly 30 years away from motorbikes, I finally managed to sneak one past the wife last year by buying a 1939 BSA M20 out of a hedge which needed restoration, that got swapped for a BSA Bantam 175 just restored, which required me to get my UK licence (I am an Aussie, been here 29 years, but Aussie bike licences don't transfer over) so have gone through CBT and Theory, have Mod 1 next week, then off to Australia for 5 weeks, so bought the GS off Bath Road MC and they are holding it till I get back from Australia and have completed my Mod 2 and I will then get the train down and collect it. In between return from Aus and collecting it, do the Mod 2 and sell the Bantam hopefully !

So, thats me, Aussie expat, living north of London, avid, fanatical cyclist and am overcoming a painful and expensive addiction to Porsches which are now departing my life, hence the return to biking and I as much as I fancy another Mike Halewood Rep (like the one I had back in Aus and sold - for $2000 !!) I think knowing how I ride a bicycle, there would be a great danger of me doing myself a bit of a mischief on another Ducati, so my life changed when I bought a BMW Rallye suit off a cycling forum for £125 !! and thought that if the bikes were anywhere near as good as the suit, they were worth a closer look. So having no plans of changing the Bantam for anything, I think it will be sold with me only riding it about 4 miles. Can't wait to get the GS. Pics to follow !

Please don't post any pics of your new GS , there are loads of pics of those in here. Instead post some pics from your Porsche addiction instead :thumb

Welcome :D

Great introduction welcome along ...which GS have you bought ? 800 ? 1200 ? Good luck with the tests

Don't be so insulting to our newcomer. He is a decerning fellow with a penchant for the superlative, has bought a GS. So putting those pieces of information together means it must be an 1150. :aidan

Keep us posted about the Banty. Great little bikes.:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom