Picos Mountains Spain September 2017

JulesDive

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello.

Having done two trips to the Pyrenees the last two summers, we are looking at the Picos this year. The last two holidays have been amazing, so keen to do it again !
4 confirmed already.
3x GS and 1x K1200

Leaving Portsmouth 15 Sept to Santander
Returning to Portsmouth 23 September

We will also do a warm up / shake down (long) weekend, probably in May, possibly in Wales ! We did snowdonia and brecons as the warm up in 2016 and it was amazing.

We will aim to stay at reasonably priced B&B or value hotels, twin rooms etc for the warm up and when in Spain.

Ideally will do the Picos from a couple of towns / bases during the week.

Let me know if you are interested.

Jules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the trip outline for now.
The Pyrenees trips we tended to average about 150 miles per day.
Not really fast riding, stopping for lunch and at any sites of interest / amazing views.

We aim to do 50% of the days as day rides, ie leave panniers / luggage etc in the hotel.

sent from planet earth

I had a look at ferry crossings for the dates you have and they appear to be fully booked.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

OK, there's other options like riding through France or making the trip longer by taking earlier or later ferry back etc

sent from planet earth

Hi Jules. This sounds great. Definitely interested. Also the pre-trip warm up. I have done a fair bit of riding in mid wales it's superb.
Maybe meet to discuss ( good excuse for a ride to the west country)
Best regards.
Nick Hobbs.
R1200 GS LC. Multistrada 1200S.

OK, check ferries !

Hi!
We think that spaces will come available on the ferry as people who have booked spaces and paid (small eg. £30) deposits don't pay the remaining balances.
So keep checking ferry spaces.
Or think about extending the trip.
We have started to book B&B / hotels too (via booking.com)
Cheers!

Hi. Personally I would just as soon do the Poole/Cherbourg ferry and ride down through France. Do you still have places available ?
How many riders do you expect to be going ?
Cheers
Nick Hobbs

Yes. We have spaces on the trip. We have 4 of us signed up with deposits etc. Another 2 are faffing about... Still!

sent from planet earth

Back
Top Bottom