Anyine going to Dent in May?

I know my place :bow

Even eldest son was born this side of the wall, so I am the "minority" :eek:

SteveT

:cool:

Aye Steve, age doesn't come by itself :D

Whats the craic with this, is it a weekend down in Dent?? Anyone advice on what hotels are good for accommodating bikes?? Quite fancy a get together meet fellow BM enthusiasts from the area. Cheers Mark

Whats the craic with this, is it a weekend down in Dent?? Anyone advice on what hotels are good for accommodating bikes?? Quite fancy a get together meet fellow BM enthusiasts from the area. Cheers Mark

Hey Mark,
Do a search of 'Dent' on this link at it'll bring up the last few years' worth of pics etc.
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/33-GS-National-Events
You're on the button thou, a weekend down in Dent, camping or hotelling (you might still get something local but you'll be lucky), there's a good group of us going from up here and of course, you're welcome to join us.
Where are you located? We're mainly in Moray.
Andy

Hi Andy, im in Inverness.

Good stuff i will get a look through that and see what i can find hotel wise. Be good craic to meet up with some others from this neck of the woods.

Cheers

See page one, post one of the thread, there's a link to the main thread. I suspect hotels etc in the village will be getting full by now, a lot of folk will be camping. Dent is a village in Yorkshire - that's where they sell beer with strange names and eat puddings with meat in them and you need to take a phrase book to be understood. Must see if Google Translate can cope.
Bottle of Scotland's finest in the pannier should assist with entry to said event I'm told :thumb2

Possible route to Dent

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgNJVg-GN7W3g4kOYUQjVYbHPVafcg

Attached is a Garmin gpx file of the route those of us from the Elgin area are possibly looking to take on the way down to Dent. Designed to allow a few stops and also pick up some waifs and strays who want to join us for a sociable run down. Feel free to add any comments about the routing, apart from "We're not coming with you, Mr Billy No-mates"

:beerjug:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgNJVg-GN7W3g4kOYUQjVYbHPVafcg

Attached is a Garmin gpx file of the route those of us from the Elgin area are possibly looking to take on the way down to Dent. Designed to allow a few stops and also pick up some waifs and strays who want to join us for a sociable run down. Feel free to add any comments about the routing, apart from "We're not coming with you, Mr Billy No-mates"

:beerjug:

What's that in English????

Khulu,

The link will let you download and save a file that you can import into Basecamp or some similar programme. Can't remember if you use a GPS or not. If not it won't help much, but we can get round that.

Iain

Khulu,

The link will let you download and save a file that you can import into Basecamp or some similar programme. Can't remember if you use a GPS or not. If not it won't help much, but we can get round that.

Iain

Hi Iain,

Yes, I know (point 1) and yes I have and do (point 2) but I'm at work and bored trying to find a new job so am surfing here! I'm sure I can find Cumbria on automatic memory mode but I fancied seeing your route. I haven't been near Basecamp since last summer so, no doubt, I'll have to uninstall Garmin Express, re-load it and get the map updates for this year's tours.

Iain

Back
Top Bottom