Anyine going to Dent in May?

Just to give gerarddwatts an idea of what time to put the kettle on, the Morayshire crowd are planning on leaving Elgin at 08:00, routing initially via Tomintoul, The Lecht, Braemar so that we can be at Dent for about 16:30. Allowing a fair bit of time, but by the time we have had a coffee at Persie (do you want us just to park outside the big house :thumb) and then met Mike at Dobies in Perth (just after 11:00) and then had to have other stops on the way it should work out ok.

Anyone else is more than welcome to join us if they want to, I can chuck up a more detailed plan if required.

Iain

Just to give gerarddwatts an idea of what time to put the kettle on, the Morayshire crowd are planning on leaving Elgin at 08:00, routing initially via Tomintoul, The Lecht, Braemar so that we can be at Dent for about 16:30. Allowing a fair bit of time, but by the time we have had a coffee at Persie (do you want us just to park outside the big house :thumb) and then met Mike at Dobies in Perth (just after 11:00) and then had to have other stops on the way it should work out ok.

Anyone else is more than welcome to join us if they want to, I can chuck up a more detailed plan if required.

Iain

So what time do you expect to be at Gerard's for?
I'll meet you there, if you're not stopping earlier, at what time?
Does Gerard live at Persie?

Ok, so coffee and bacon rolls will be on the go from 9.30. Leave here 10.30 ish?

Just park in front of the big house.... mine will be there.

I couldn't open your route, but my favoured route is round Embra, A68 to B6278 south of Corrbridge, Edmundbyers, Stanhope, Middleton, Brough, Kirkby Stephen, Sedburgh Dent, pub.

Maybe go together, maybe not, doesn't matter.

Rough idea of numbers would be handy.

PH10 7LQ....follow up drive to gaff.

So what time do you expect to be at Gerard's for?
I'll meet you there, if you're not stopping earlier, at what time?
Does Gerard live at Persie?

Hoping to be at Gerard's for 10:00 Iain. We'll give you an idea of numbers when we know more Gerard. At the moment I know of 5 from Elgin, not sure of any others yet, Khulu of course, and possibly Bhud.

Still a bit up in the air for me at the moment unfortunately and depends on two things, the first minor one being that my 1150 has recently developed a horrible loud 'tak' noise and it's coming from the front of the engine pretty close to where the timing chain tensioner sits..new chain & tensioners etc ordered but they are on back order at the moment so it will depend on when they arrive & if I can motivate myself to get on with it :duno

The main decider is that my partner is waiting on a pretty important scan as part of ongoing cancer treatment so the timing and / or results will likely determine what we do...we've both been really looking forward to Dent but it's getting less likely that we will manage..maybe next year :(

If it does all come together at the last minute then we'll probably bimble down in our own time as I've not managed to get enough miles in this year to get up to full speed and I don't think that we've even been out 2 up on the GSA yet !

Hope the scan works out.

If Dent doesn't work out for you this year we can perhaps meet up some other time.

Iain

Thank's Iain, I've also pencilled in Strontian ( ADV Scotland ) for the following weekend but now a couple of mates have decided to have a joint 50th celebration at Arisaig the same weekend, might have to be a case of Strontian on Friday night and then up to Arisaig for Saturday night but an old school pal has also got in touch to say that him and his wife will be going to the ADV Ecosse weekend to catch up....why does everything have to happen at the same time dammit !!

Mike.

Hoping to be at Gerard's for 10:00 Iain. We'll give you an idea of numbers when we know more Gerard. At the moment I know of 5 from Elgin, not sure of any others yet, Khulu of course, and possibly Bhud.

Who are the 5 you're thinking about Iain? You, SteveT, Nial (SteveT's son), me (!) And AN Other?

Andy :)

Andy, in one of Steve's posts (may have been the one where he learned he was the only non-Scot) he mentioned a man called Mike as well. Course that may have been Dobies Mike :augie

Hi Iain, think this may have been the other Mike (Mspenz - see above).

Dobies Mike (Mike Aitken) will be picked up en route after Gerard's (Perth A9/A85 crossover around 1100hrs) - unless he fancies a run north, prior to running south again with us on the basis that Gerard's Brew and Bacon butties are top-dog :) I'll get in touch with him and ask but I reckon it'll probably be a negative (without casting aspersions on Gerard's hospitality of course). :) ;-)

Chat soon

Andy

Ok, so coffee and bacon rolls will be on the go from 9.30. Leave here 10.30 ish?

Just park in front of the big house.... mine will be there.

I couldn't open your route, but my favoured route is round Embra, A68 to B6278 south of Corrbridge, Edmundbyers, Stanhope, Middleton, Brough, Kirkby Stephen, Sedburgh Dent, pub.

Maybe go together, maybe not, doesn't matter.

Rough idea of numbers would be handy.

PH10 7LQ....follow up drive to gaff.

I couldn't open the route either - it went to a Vigilink and then died!

10:00 sounds like a good plan - Gerard, can I come for a coffee and bacon butty too, please?
I don't need butter or sugar so I'm cheap!

Hi Iain, think this may have been the other Mike (Mspenz - see above).

Dobies Mike (Mike Aitken) will be picked up en route after Gerard's (Perth A9/A85 crossover around 1100hrs) - unless he fancies a run north, prior to running south again with us on the basis that Gerard's Brew and Bacon butties are top-dog :) I'll get in touch with him and ask but I reckon it'll probably be a negative (without casting aspersions on Gerard's hospitality of course). :) ;-)

Chat soon

Andy

Don't fancy Perth/A85/Inveralmond roadworks just now so I'll be going Blair, Guildtown, Scone A/M90.

Back
Top Bottom