Ullapool : the north west gathering. September 2017

Canny weekend lady & gents.
That Indian Restaurant is on the revisit list as is The Arch, which in all my visits to Ullapool I don't recall going in there (although there may be a reason I don't recall)
Anyhoo - Decent ride home and back in K Towers by 14:45.... Spicy chicken pizza ready to sacrifice itself for me...and thought I'd treat meself and got a bottle of Chateau Neuf de Pap to accompany it - See you al next year I hope.

:beerjug:

Riding on the otherside of the road usually in order to extend your view around left handers.

Here's a Vlog I made - It's mainly for myself. but you might enjoy... or it may help you sleep...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oIL9nsWPSj8?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I nearly got there, broke down about 5 miles from Ullapool on the R80/7 yesterday afternoon:blast. Was ignored by all other bikers passing not one stopped, but c'est la vie in the modern world, nothing they could have done anyway. Called the RAC who could said they could not come, no reason given, said they might be able to find someone local but could not confirm and estimated if they could it would be around three hours!!:mad: So organised my own recovery home, cancelled my RAC membership today, wrote a letter of complaint and requested a full refund, which they gave me without argument.

Saw two crashed GS1200s on trailers one going north and one going south, hope no one from this parish, not good for whoever it was regardless.

The guys I was with continued on without me but said campsite was empty (only about 5 tossers left) and town was dead, so guess the majority left on Saturday:nenau so I never missed much. Hope you all got home safely and i'll try again for next year.:thumb2

Safe and sound in Applecross now. One or two photos to come when I'm back in Shetland.

I nearly got there, broke down about 5 miles from Ullapool on the R80/7 yesterday afternoon:blast. Was ignored by all other bikers passing not one stopped, but c'est la vie in the modern world, nothing they could have done anyway. Called the RAC who could said they could not come, no reason given, said they might be able to find someone local but could not confirm and estimated if they could it would be around three hours!!:mad: So organised my own recovery home, cancelled my RAC membership today, wrote a letter of complaint and requested a full refund, which they gave me without argument.

Saw two crashed GS1200s on trailers one going north and one going south, hope no one from this parish, not good for whoever it was regardless.

The guys I was with continued on without me but said campsite was empty (only about 5 tossers left) and town was dead, so guess the majority left on Saturday:nenau so I never missed much. Hope you all got home safely and i'll try again for next year.:thumb2

Sorry you missed it Bob. I think your mates arrived OK (black 1150GS, blue 1150 RT, red PDGS?). They thought you had got uplifted. Turnout was not huge but we all had a good time anyway. Maybe see you next year when the airhead is fixed? Here's a sunset you missed ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 287
Here's a Vlog I made - It's mainly for myself. but you might enjoy... or it may help you sleep...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oIL9nsWPSj8?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good to see you again Chris. Glad the journey home was uneventful.

A couple more pics ...

Only had my wheezy old I phone so apologies for the quality!

Wrinkly and Hildasay on the wee mad road around the back of Coigach. After going to Lochinver for pies :D, we got separated. I went clockwise round the Drumbeg loop and they went anti clockwise! Hey ho!

View from the Drumbeg road of Kylescu in the distance plus an arty shot of a ... Steading's corrugated roof! :augie.

It rained a couple of times on wir birl but the views were stunning as ever. I chatted to a couple who had pulled over and like everyone on a first visit to Assynt, they were completely gobsmacked.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 272
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 306
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 257
Smashing W/E despite the weather. Great roads, good company (possibly with the exception of Leaksy's jokes :D)

Rained for most of the way home, but I still went the scenic route over the Cairngorms. 483mls..10hrs 55mins.

Bike was a bit of a beast at times with all that weight on. I really do need to try and travel lighter. Maybe it's time to go for B&B.:nenau

Smashing W/E despite the weather. Great roads, good company (possibly with the exception of Leaksy's jokes :D)

Rained for most of the way home, but I still went the scenic route over the Cairngorms. 483mls..10hrs 55mins.

Bike was a bit of a beast at times with all that weight on. I really do need to try and travel lighter. Maybe it's time to go for B&B.:nenau

Harcore! Buns of steel.

good to meet you all. was an enjoyable ride up and a good evening, though the end of it is a bit of a foggy muddle :D

putting the tent away in the wet and ride back was a bit of a slog in the drizzle but made it home without any drama :thumb2

Good to meet y'all :thumby:

Up at Sango Bay now, on to Orkney later in the week. Photographs in due course when I can get them uploaded.

Thanks Peter for organising ... and I thought you Scots were the same as us Yorkshire folk but with the generosity kicked out of ya's :D

Four cans of Speckled Hen and the remains of a Ben Bracken single Islay malt whisky donated by Scotboxer to there MTC
(Micky Travel Cabinet) :D

Thanks you Peter :thumb

Sorry I wasn't there as per the other years but I am over in Greece with the parrafin pony having to put up with stuff like this :augie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 402
Sorry I wasn't there as per the other years but I am over in Greece with the parrafin pony having to put up with stuff like this :augie

Is that one of the "built with pride" fleet in the background??

Weather's been shite here - you'll be glad to know.........

Al

Back
Top Bottom