Ullapool : the north west gathering. September 2017

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is an informal end of season event but this very early notice might be useful for anyone who wants to combine it with a circuit of the North Coast 500 or a visit to the utter :D (outer) Hebrides. The campsite venue (http://broomfieldhp.com) is at the western end of the town and there is an SYHA hostel plus hotels and lots of BnBs. Early booking for any of the latter would be wise as Ullapool can get very busy even late in the season.

A post on this thread re attendance, will be useful when it comes to organising an area for us with the campsite.

So, sign up for an opportunity to ride some of Europe's finest roads and to blether and bevvy with some of Europe's best inormed bikermates :augie. Plus the usual ukgser crowd! :D

What dates are you thinking ?
Remember to avoid the 29th Sep to 1st Oct weekend as it's the festival.

Hope be be away in my VW Camper for five or six weeks Septemberish, mit dawg Miss Millie ... so will endeavour to 'call in' as per 2016 :D:thumby:

:beerjug:

For anyone who wants to combine this event with ticking off the NC500. More info here www.nc500.com . if you are of an iron butt disposition, you could do it in a day from Ullapool. If you want a more relaxed ride then a stop off is recommended. This route has become hugely popular with one make car clubs etc so early planning and booking of accommodation on the route is essential.

Anyone considering some island hopping on the way to or after the meet should have a look at www.calmac.co.uk

It depends on work but unless I'm under the cosh at work I reckon it's got potential for taking my outfit, get a few miles under the wheels on the Thursday evening then do the rest on Friday before bombing home Sunday afternoon and all day Monday. I like long rides on the outfit and it's got a massive capacity for carrying beer :beerjug:

It depends on work but unless I'm under the cosh at work I reckon it's got potential for taking my outfit, get a few miles under the wheels on the Thursday evening then do the rest on Friday before bombing home Sunday afternoon and all day Monday. I like long rides on the outfit and it's got a massive capacity for carrying beer :beerjug:

What is this "work" of which you speak?:augie

First guaranteed place goes to AndyB! :D :beerjug

A reminder also of the dates - 15th to 18th September. I will start a thread with confirmed attenders much later in the year!

Sounds good to me - I'll need to confirm but most definitely interested.

Spirited blast around the NC500 anyone:augie:thumby:

It's sad really but being a contractor means I can be bought. I turned on my laptop this morning, logged on to a clients network using a VPN, opened up a file and haven't looked at it since. Because only one person at a time can view that file they assume I'm working on it when the reality is I finished the work over Xmas and they won't look to see how far I've got with it.

I'm only dragging it out because they wouldn't pay me a higher rate for work done between Xmas and New Year so they can't have it yet :D

For anyone who wants to combine this event with ticking off the NC500. More info here www.nc500.com . if you are of an iron butt disposition, you could do it in a day from Ullapool. If you want a more relaxed ride then a stop off is recommended. This route has become hugely popular with one make car clubs etc so early planning and booking of accommodation on the route is essential.

Anyone considering some island hopping on the way to or after the meet should have a look at www.calmac.co.uk

Doh! The correct site address should be www.northcoast500.com

Andy - not being nosy (for once) rather a reference to my own retired status! :D

I knew what you meant and I'm only jealous. I'd much sooner be retired and I've considered downsizing my collection of motorbikes to fund even more time off because I certainly don't work for fun.

Peter....have you not heard of grouse shooting?

Sadly unlikely to make Ullapool at this time of year, unless there are ferocious storms in May which bugger up the grouse breeding.

Hey ho.

You made it last year! Or was it a doppelganger that finished off my Dalwhinnie! :jager

Back
Top Bottom