Locating First Aid box behind number plate

Sorry for not replying to other, earlier, comments this is the first notification that I have received regarding this thread in a long time.

The Peli case has holes that could be used for locking with a long-shackle padlock - I think! I will check and get back to you.

Richard

My camera has died, but if you look at my pictures you can see holes through which I have looped cable ties. These would, I think, take little padlocks.

Richard

Sorry for not replying to other, earlier, comments this is the first notification that I have received regarding this thread in a long time.

The Peli case has holes that could be used for locking with a long-shackle padlock - I think! I will check and get back to you.

Richard

No apologies required. I hand them realised how old some threads were when working my way through the areas of the forum.

I guess my thinking is a combination lock as whilst it would delay its opening. Opening quickly when needed to find it gone would be by far the poorer option.

No apologies required. I hand them realised how old some threads were when working my way through the areas of the forum.

I guess my thinking is a combination lock as whilst it would delay its opening. Opening quickly when needed to find it gone would be by far the poorer option.

I think a key lock is better provided that the key remains in the lock whilst one is riding (attached to the box via a lanyard) and then removed when parked. The idea being that anyone legitimate can open the open the box but it is secure when not in use. Sort of opposite of those 'remove before flight' flags on fast jets. I wouldn't like to rely on being able to supply the combination if I was in need of the first aid kit.

I think a key lock is better provided that the key remains in the lock whilst one is riding (attached to the box via a lanyard) and then removed when parked. The idea being that anyone legitimate can open the open the box but it is secure when not in use. Sort of opposite of those 'remove before flight' flags on fast jets. I wouldn't like to rely on being able to supply the combination if I was in need of the first aid kit.

Fair point, it's a difficult one to work through. You almost want to work it back from you need a lock when it's stationary, unlocked when on the move. Other option, how difficult are the bmw luggage keys to get? Does make me think I need a first aid kit inside sticker for my top box.

Fair point, it's a difficult one to work through. You almost want to work it back from you need a lock when it's stationary, unlocked when on the move. Other option, how difficult are the bmw luggage keys to get? Does make me think I need a first aid kit inside sticker for my top box.

Indeed.

Somewhere I have a link to a seller of the locks for BMW tin panniers. I wonder if they can supply keys too. I suspect that it might be easier to obtain any BMW lock and alter the guts to suit your keys. It was done for me by the kind chap who sold me my BMW panniers. You can buy all the shims - or whatever they are called.

Ah, first aid stickers: that's another problem that I am trying to solve. There is only a small flat area on either side of the Peli case and I cannot find a sticker that is small enough to fit there. A friend has a vinyl cutter and I think I will have to ask him to make stickers for me - when I can find a scaleable jpg.

Hi Sgt Bilco

Peli cases are rated to IP67. Of course I have compromised that by drilling two holes for the P clip bolts but even though those bolts are perfectly placed to receive maximum water battering from the rear wheel I have not noticed any water ingress.

If I had the GS rather than a GSA I would look seriously at the smuggler's boxes which fit under the rear rack. Or there is the box which replaces the rear seat.

Cheers

Richard

For Smugglers box, do you mean these?

http://www.nippynormans.com/tourate...ack-bag-r1200gs-lc-2013-not-adventure-version

Back
Top Bottom