Hilltop Eu4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may Need to bring forward my deadline from March/April to February/March.....:green gri

Yep, everything the others who attended today and reported back is true.

Was I looking for more torque/power?

Hell yes, and the bang per buck ratio, like the fuelling, was spot on!

This has resulted in much improved ride-ability and a very satisfied customer.

Ian

Thank you to R1200GSAPilot for organising and to Geoff himself for giving so much of his day up for us. I was last of the day and it was certainly worth the time, effort and money.

I was a little sceptical going into this beforehand but had to find out for myself. I was sure there would be an improvement but I thought you would have to be an expert to notice it. This wasn't the case.

R1200GSAPilot's review explains it better than I can but in short I don't think there is a bike I would buy in future that I wouldn't take to Hilltop. The motorway home was smooth, predictable, and quicker to place the bike into the gaps I was aiming for. I didn't need to drop down into 5th gear to make any of the gaps like I normally would. Road mode felt like dynamic and dynamic felt like a new secret dynamic plus mode.

Part of me thinks that some of the people on this forum who trade in a old GS which they bought second hand for the newer LC version and dislike it probably had a Hilltopped bike before and didn't know it.

If you are thinking of waiting until Spring or are on the fence, it's worth it and bring your booking forward.

Thank you to R1200GSAPilot for organising and to Geoff himself for giving so much of his day up for us. I was last of the day and it was certainly worth the time, effort and money.

I was a little sceptical going into this beforehand but had to find out for myself. I was sure there would be an improvement but I thought you would have to be an expert to notice it. This wasn't the case.

R1200GSAPilot's review explains it better than I can but in short I don't think there is a bike I would buy in future that I wouldn't take to Hilltop. The motorway home was smooth, predictable, and quicker to place the bike into the gaps I was aiming for. I didn't need to drop down into 5th gear to make any of the gaps like I normally would. Road mode felt like dynamic and dynamic felt like a new secret dynamic plus mode.

Part of me thinks that some of the people on this forum who trade in a old GS which they bought second hand for the newer LC version and dislike it probably had a Hilltopped bike before and didn't know it.

If you are thinking of waiting until Spring or are on the fence, it's worth it and bring your booking forward.

Great write up and thank you for sharing your experience. However, "If you are thinking of waiting until Spring or are on the fence, it's worth it and bring your booking forward." This isn't the case with me, as I am not sure if I will be changing my bike for a GSA or will be keeping my GS. This is the reason why my trip to Geoff might be in March/April. There are also allot of others that are waiting to take delivery of their new bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wileeeeeey, it was good to meet you and I'm glad you saw the same noticeable improvements the rest of us did. So far 6 of the 7 who went on Saturday have reported the same positive outcomes. The 7th did say he was going to keep his powder dry.

My closest mate was on a 2010 GS with 40,000 miles and he saw a dramatic improvement, so much so, he's put off the LC for a while longer.

This is the best "accessory", I've ever bought for my bike (except for maybe advanced training).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would just like to say a big thank you to all the guys that attended my workshop on Saturday a great bunch of guys and thank you so much for the positive feedback yes I am in business to make money and pay my bills like everybody else that works more importantly to me I enjoy seeing happy riders on their bikes and enjoying their machine I've been riding motorcycles all my life as the years of gone by I've been involved with lots of new exciting aspects of tuning which is why I have a love for what I do and I have met a lot of good people through my work and some good friends too as I said before a big thank you to all my customers
Geoff ��

Sent from my iPhone

I would just like to say a big thank you to all the guys that attended my workshop on Saturday a great bunch of guys and thank you so much for the positive feedback yes I am in business to make money and pay my bills like everybody else that works more importantly to me I enjoy seeing happy riders on their bikes and enjoying their machine I've been riding motorcycles all my life as the years of gone by I've been involved with lots of new exciting aspects of tuning which is why I have a love for what I do and I have met a lot of good people through my work and some good friends too as I said before a big thank you to all my customers
Geoff ��

Sent from my iPhone

Glad to hear it Geoff, cu tomorrow at 0900 for my big smile appointment:D

Kind regards
Shaun

Funny that he's gone quiet.:rolleyes:

He's been in disguise, had his done and the results frightened the shit out of him. He then spent many hours analysing the changes and couldn't find anyway so now thinks the benefits are all in the mind and we're all mistaken of the benefits.

I recon you are right. I had my aircooled 2013 GSA Hilltopped. Having just compared the dyno charts, the Hilltopped air cooled made more power and torque than my LC Euro4 2017 GSA in stock form (prior to it being remapped).
The dyno curves were also way smoother.

So big smile appointment completed and now back darn sarf with a even bigger smile:D

Ever the gentleman Geoff (he was a bit adolescent at one point;)) sorted the steed and it now runs smoothly and more torquey than before, I had forgotten how much of a difference it made as I chopped my 2014 model in for the E4. For anyone still sitting on the proverbial, get up or down there and feel the difference for yourselves. You won't be disappointed.

Now if only I knew how to ride it......:rolllaugh

I recon you are right. I had my aircooled 2013 GSA Hilltopped. Having just compared the dyno charts, the Hilltopped air cooled made more power and torque than my LC Euro4 2017 GSA in stock form (prior to it being remapped).
The dyno curves were also way smoother.

So did your remapped E4 end up with more power and torque than the remapped 2013 bike?
In other words how do both remapped bikes compare?

So did your remapped E4 end up with more power and torque than the remapped 2013 bike?
In other words how do both remapped bikes compare?
Yup remapped Euro 4 now has lots more power and torque than the remapped aircooled. As we know it ain't about the power but as a yard stick remapped aircooled was 101bhp at the wheel, remapped LC euro 4 was 111bhp at the wheel. ( this is low coz engine only had 150 miles on it. Geoff says it will be good for another 10 bhp once run in. On the day of the group remap the highest bhp seen was 118 bhp - think that bike had around 16k miles on it ).

Can someone post up their before/after dyno chart? Pictures paint a thousand words!

So big smile appointment completed and now back darn sarf with a even bigger smile:D

Ever the gentleman Geoff (he was a bit adolescent at one point;)) sorted the steed and it now runs smoothly and more torquey than before, I had forgotten how much of a difference it made as I chopped my 2014 model in for the E4. For anyone still sitting on the proverbial, get up or down there and feel the difference for yourselves. You won't be disappointed.

Now if only I knew how to ride it......:rolllaugh

Turns out Giles can help with the last bit

Yup remapped Euro 4 now has lots more power and torque than the remapped aircooled. As we know it ain't about the power but as a yard stick remapped aircooled was 101bhp at the wheel, remapped LC euro 4 was 111bhp at the wheel. ( this is low coz engine only had 150 miles on it. Geoff says it will be good for another 10 bhp once run in. On the day of the group remap the highest bhp seen was 118 bhp - think that bike had around 16k miles on it ).

Thanks for that clarification T/B 13.
I Totally agree it's definitely not all about power, I'm tempted to get my E4 remapped, I have had an LC at Geoffs before and although it definitely had more grunt after the fix, the snatchiness at around 3,000rpm did still remain, and to be fair Geoff offered to have it back in, however I was short of time due to an immenant trip to Austria so I never bothered.

My current E4 is faultlessly smooth all the way through the range, and pulls very happily with cruise on in 5th at 30mph so I'm wary of upsetting it.
However I would be happy for this bike to have a bit more grunt at around 4,500/5,000 rpm, where it is slightly lacking compared to my 2015 E3. Also this E4 is the first GS LC that has had vibes in the mirrors, which the remapping might well fix.

I'm really happy that everyone has had a great result, the biking world needs guys like Geoff, he's a top bloke! :clap

Can someone post up their before/after dyno chart? Pictures paint a thousand words!

Ideally with A/F ratio please... given all the feedback on about smoothness etc. I'd like to empirically see where the gains are before spunking £££.

Thanks for that clarification T/B 13.
I Totally agree it's definitely not all about power, I'm tempted to get my E4 remapped, I have had an LC at Geoffs before and although it definitely had more grunt after the fix, the snatchiness at around 3,000rpm did still remain, and to be fair Geoff offered to have it back in, however I was short of time due to an immenant trip to Austria so I never bothered.

My current E4 is faultlessly smooth all the way through the range, and pulls very happily with cruise on in 5th at 30mph so I'm wary of upsetting it.
However I would be happy for this bike to have a bit more grunt at around 4,500/5,000 rpm, where it is slightly lacking compared to my 2015 E3. Also this E4 is the first GS LC that has had vibes in the mirrors, which the remapping might well fix.

I'm really happy that everyone has had a great result, the biking world needs guys like Geoff, he's a top bloke! :clap

The very first thing I noticed as soon as I rode away from Hilltop was the lack of vibes through the bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom