Let's see what all the fuss is about............

Now that side makes all the difference :thumb:thumb:thumb

Forgot to mention, I went for the seat and have the Evotech engine guard to fit. In 2 minds about Rad guard and crash bungs.

Are you getting the KTM SatNav bracket (can't decide if that's the right option given where it's placed) and the SW Motech hand guards put on?

Time is short this year and I'm probably going to get the Dealer to finish off adding these bits at the first service.

Yeah but that's the Akra side:D

Engine guards not a bad idea at least for the embarassing low speed drops that never happen;)

Not too bothered over rad guards tbh, mostly lazer cut cheesiness IMHO.

The sat nav bracket is placed so you have to look down to check it out but then you're over the front of the bike anyway and I'm not sure there are alternatives?

The SW handguards look good (thxs), was considering the KTM adventure jobbies mainly because they're orange:D

I don't want to try and turn the bike into a sports tourer but even my limited experience of the bike suggests I'm going top get my upper torso blown off (ooer) much above 70, which is OK however I'm still tempted by a small screen to take some of the blast of my chest at least without screwing up the looks too much.

Been hunting for another bike on and off for ages.

Took me a while to realise I'm not quite dead yet and fancied a decent solo performance streetbike that I can press into suitably short solo hops duty and unsuitable longer jaunts with a soupcon of soft luggage.

So I Bought this:

I've got three KTM's (Kick The Moon's according to my boys)! in addition to an XR and love them.

The latest bought is a 690 Duke which I ride most days and is totally bonkers

They definatly encourage you to ride like a teenager

Enjoy

Nice bike...BUT

is it just me, or does the paint job make it look like two different bikes welded together in a west London lock-up??

:hide

Where is this 'West London' that you speak of:nenau

Up here we like a bit of contrast tha knows.:D

As a mere pecodilo of curiosity, what do you ride?

I've got three KTM's (Kick The Moon's according to my boys)! in addition to an XR and love them.

The latest bought is a 690 Duke which I ride most days and is totally bonkers

They definatly encourage you to ride like a teenager

Enjoy

Or like a twat more like:thumb

Never tried that big KTM single, big horses for it's size, makes a Japanese single of similar size look a bit anaemic to say the least, lack of real development of singles in the far east no doubt.

Any drawbacks?

Or like a twat more like:thumb

Never tried that big KTM single, big horses for it's size, makes a Japanese single of similar size look a bit anaemic to say the least, lack of real development of singles in the far east no doubt.

Any drawbacks?

No, it's not vibey and I'd be happy taking it on a long trip.

The 690 Enduro doesn't have the latest engine with the additional balance shaft in the head but even this is smooth. They don't like being ridden at low RPMs so you're quite busy changing gear.

The gearbox on my 390 is much beter than the 690 Duke but hopefully this is because it's new and will improve?

Off into Cheltenham on it now and I'll try not to ride like a twat!

An utterly fantastic bike that I can't recommend enough - I've had mine just 2 years and I really wouldn't know what to change it for - amazingly comfortable with the ergo seat and with the full acro exhaust and map upgrade an absolute beast to ride.

Have fun when the sun shines!!!

No, it's not vibey and I'd be happy taking it on a long trip.

The 690 Enduro doesn't have the latest engine with the additional balance shaft in the head but even this is smooth. They don't like being ridden at low RPMs so you're quite busy changing gear.

The gearbox on my 390 is much beter than the 690 Duke but hopefully this is because it's new and will improve?

Off into Cheltenham on it now and I'll try not to ride like a twat!

Having had the Duke 690R and both a 2016 and 2017 Husky 701SM, I can recommend the latter .
86d86064ad1eef926d8157c250ff7ab0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of one of these 1290 SD's to supplement a GSA.

What are servicing annual costs like?
Is insurance tricky/expensive ?

How do you rate the bike overall?

Any thoughts welcome.

Any feedback from owners?

I'm thinking of one of these 1290 SD's to supplement a GSA.

What are servicing annual costs like?
Is insurance tricky/expensive ?

How do you rate the bike overall?

Any thoughts welcome.

Any feedback from owners?

Well I was hoping for a bit of feedback to tempt me away from my Ducati 848 EVO, but the dealer didn't get back to me, so prob gonna have a rethink. Some great deals going on the Superdukes.

Love my 1190 adventure.

Dealer has been good with deal, px, parts etc. Yet to need big service but they are well spaced and rates on par with Jap main dealers.

Will seem like a charity after DucatI costs

Love my 1190 adventure.

Dealer has been good with deal, px, parts etc. Yet to need big service but they are well spaced and rates on par with Jap main dealers.

Will seem like a charity after DucatI costs

Thanks Rasher, yes the servicing is a bit silly on the Ducati, the belts n valve check gets a bit stupid steep.:eek:

They sure are pretty though & I have my GSA for touring so looking for something with an edge. I'll maybe seek a test ride out.:thumb2

I think the big 18,000 mile service is around £350 - £400, I have heard that the MTS 15,000 service is over a grand - Ouch!

Go grab a test ride, just watch out or you might end up getting a Superduke for local blasts and chopping the GSA for a 1290 Adventure, the reason I bought my 1190 was that it does the touring thing as well as my old GS / Super Tenere, but is also a hoot for local blasts and nobbing around, prior to buying it I was thinking of a second bike (well third if you count the V-Strom I keep for commuting and winter rides)

I think the big 18,000 mile service is around £350 - £400, I have heard that the MTS 15,000 service is over a grand - Ouch!

Go grab a test ride, just watch out or you might end up getting a Superduke for local blasts and chopping the GSA for a 1290 Adventure, the reason I bought my 1190 was that it does the touring thing as well as my old GS / Super Tenere, but is also a hoot for local blasts and nobbing around, prior to buying it I was thinking of a second bike (well third if you count the V-Strom I keep for commuting and winter rides)

Thanks - sensible advice :beerjug: got a superduke test ride booked for tomorrow, thermals at the ready.

£350-£400 is perfectly ok, its bills of £800+ that have got me thinking. The ktm is cheaper to insure too.

What a bike. Bit too full on for me tho even after my s1000xr. Brakes, handling, power, torque, comfort (at 6'2) , ride comfort all superb but Id prefer to get some weight over the front wheel n hide behind some sort of fairing with so much power. Hard to fault the bike just a bit too much power for me these days (age 45 and a quarter) too much of a pussy to wring its neck I'd be banned in no time. The search goes on.

Having had the Duke 690R and both a 2016 and 2017 Husky 701SM, I can recommend the latter .
86d86064ad1eef926d8157c250ff7ab0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want one so much
Well I was hoping for a bit of feedback to tempt me away from my Ducati 848 EVO, but the dealer didn't get back to me, so prob gonna have a rethink. Some great deals going on the Superdukes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I want one so much

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

After deciding the KTM wasn't for me and packing just too much power for a naked, I bought this, it's amazing, comfy, grunty, beautiful to look at dripping with carbon, plus ohlins and marchesini. Very very happy it's got character by the bucketful.

Anyone with a Superduke has got a phenomenal bike tho.

Attachments

• IMG_2324.jpg
    IMG_2324.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_2330.jpg
    IMG_2330.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 387
After deciding the KTM wasn't for me and packing just too much power for a naked, I bought this, it's amazing, comfy, grunty, beautiful to look at dripping with carbon, plus ohlins and marchesini. Very very happy it's got character by the bucketful.

Anyone with a Superduke has got a phenomenal bike tho.

Glad to hear you managed to stay naked after all :D

Have fun and keep us posted how the experience goes. By the looks of things wet and slimy ride outs are fine :thumb

Glad to hear you managed to stay naked after all :D

Have fun and keep us posted how the experience goes. By the looks of things wet and slimy ride outs are fine :thumb

Thanks yes , just what I wanted as a second bike, enough about it to make it interesting, has the safety net of traction control so was good to get out on it for four hours on Sunday, missed heated grips tho!

Well the infatuation lasted for 9 months.

I normally keep bikes for years and this thing was holy sheeeeet fast which, as you might imagine is very intoxicating.

It can also bimble along very efficiently and pleasantly but when I wasn't using the opportunities afforded by the vast performance reserves I always felt as if I should be doing so.

It's as much about me and my character flaws in that quite a lot of the time I just want to get on with my ride without the perceived (to me) pressure to chase every miscreant that fancied having a crack and in addition I had a shopping list of stuff to turn the bike into a sort of monster minimalist sports tourer before I woke up to the reality that I really don't want or need that sorta pressure any more, I just like using a decent bike to enjoy my little adventures.

It's fair to say I've had a bit of a mental tussle (first world problem I know) and the end result is that my TC ADV stays (brilliant bike IMHO) and the Katoom goes to be replaced by a light, middleweight, lower powered, more stress free, fun, solo oriented sports tourer Tracer 700.

I'm glad I had a crack it was a blast but time to move on.

Back
Top Bottom