Nav 5 and Ear pieces

Ringmaster999

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

I have just ordered a new XR and Nav 5 but am wondering if the Nav 5 has a jack plug socket so that I can plug my custom molded ear pieces with speakers straight into the Sat Nav and hear the spoken instructions and music. This is what I currently do with my Garmin 550 Zumo as I ride alone so would have little use for an Autocom system or other blue tooth set up as I have no need for two way communication.
Any help appreciated

Cheers

what will happen to your ears if you do decide to have a spill.....??:duno:nono

Answer to your question: No Nav V doesn't have a 3.5mm jack for your earphones.
Blooetooth is your answer.

Hi

I have just ordered a new XR and Nav 5 but am wondering if the Nav 5 has a jack plug socket so that I can plug my custom molded ear pieces with speakers straight into the Sat Nav and hear the spoken instructions and music. This is what I currently do with my Garmin 550 Zumo as I ride alone so would have little use for an Autocom system or other blue tooth set up as I have no need for two way communication.
Any help appreciated

Cheers

Why not wait for the Nav VI? Due March I think.

To be honest I never knew a Nav 6 was around the corner and basically I have just ordered an XR for March and the Nav 5 was part of the deal at £399.

Cheers

Bluetooth dongle with 3.5 jack socket?

OK this sounds interesting but unfortunately I am a little behind the times with all this Technology stuff. Could you explain a little more. I would appreciate it

Cheers

The Nav 5 doesn't have a direct 3.5mm output (and you wouldn't want to keep plugging in a fragile headphone cable). It does have Bluetooth. You must connect your helmeto the Nav 5 you can either buy a Bluetooth headset (like a Sena) for your helmet, or physically connecting your helmet to something like an Autocom then that connect the Autocom via Bluetooth to the Nav 5.
If you want to use earbuds (I do), you plug the 3.5mm jack plug into either the cable connected to the Autocom or to the helmet Bluetooth device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK this sounds interesting but unfortunately I am a little behind the times with all this Technology stuff. Could you explain a little more. I would appreciate it

Cheers

Don't know much about them other than knowing there're available. You'll have do some research on Google. Maplins may offer advice.

69bc7b2f461d81dbf119fc97fddd96e4.jpg

Hi

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Just in case it is any help to anyone else, I am using Ink'd Bluetooth earplugs with my NavV about £33 from Currys .

Cheers Piggers

Just in case it is any help to anyone else, I am using Ink'd Bluetooth earplugs with my NavV about £33 from Currys .

Cheers Piggers

Which one did you go for piggers? Sound, comfort and battery life?
Thanks

Sorry for the late reply ! They are as comfortable as any other earplugs i have used. Battery life ? i have only managed to get out for about 3 hrs at max, they lasted that.

cheers, Piggers

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom