Thread: Nav 5 and Ear pieces

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Nav 5 and Ear pieces

Hi

I have just ordered a new XR and Nav 5 but am wondering if the Nav 5 has a jack plug socket so that I can plug my custom molded ear pieces with speakers straight into the Sat Nav and hear the spoken instructions and music. This is what I currently do with my Garmin 550 Zumo as I ride alone so would have little use for an Autocom system or other blue tooth set up as I have no need for two way communication.
    Any help appreciated

Cheers
    Dream as if you'll live for ever. Live as if you'll die today

what will happen to your ears if you do decide to have a spill.....??

Answer to your question: No Nav V doesn't have a 3.5mm jack for your earphones.
    Blooetooth is your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringmaster999 View Post
    Hi

I have just ordered a new XR and Nav 5 but am wondering if the Nav 5 has a jack plug socket so that I can plug my custom molded ear pieces with speakers straight into the Sat Nav and hear the spoken instructions and music. This is what I currently do with my Garmin 550 Zumo as I ride alone so would have little use for an Autocom system or other blue tooth set up as I have no need for two way communication.
    Any help appreciated

Cheers

Nav 5 and Ear pieces

Why not wait for the Nav VI? Due March I think.

Bluetooth dongle with 3.5 jack socket?

Quote Originally Posted by iand46 View Post
    That's the ticket.

There are some available with lapel clips if you dont want it in a pocket.

Al
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

Why not wait for the Nav VI? Due March I think.
    To be honest I never knew a Nav 6 was around the corner and basically I have just ordered an XR for March and the Nav 5 was part of the deal at £399.

Cheers

OK this sounds interesting but unfortunately I am a little behind the times with all this Technology stuff. Could you explain a little more. I would appreciate it

Cheers

The Nav 5 doesn't have a direct 3.5mm output (and you wouldn't want to keep plugging in a fragile headphone cable). It does have Bluetooth. You must connect your helmeto the Nav 5 you can either buy a Bluetooth headset (like a Sena) for your helmet, or physically connecting your helmet to something like an Autocom then that connect the Autocom via Bluetooth to the Nav 5.
    If you want to use earbuds (I do), you plug the 3.5mm jack plug into either the cable connected to the Autocom or to the helmet Bluetooth device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nav 5 and Ear pieces

OK this sounds interesting but unfortunately I am a little behind the times with all this Technology stuff. Could you explain a little more. I would appreciate it

Cheers
    Don't know much about them other than knowing there're available. You'll have do some research on Google. Maplins may offer advice.

Nav 5 and Ear pieces

To be honest I never knew a Nav 6 was around the corner and basically I have just ordered an XR for March and the Nav 5 was part of the deal at £399.

Cheers
    That's the reason the Nav V is heavily discounted at the moment

http://ukgser.com/forums/showthread....W-Navigator-VI

Many Thanks for all the info everyone

Hi

Any help appreciated

Cheers
    Just in case it is any help to anyone else, I am using Ink'd Bluetooth earplugs with my NavV about £33 from Currys .

Cheers Piggers

Quote Originally Posted by Piggers View Post
    Just in case it is any help to anyone else, I am using Ink'd Bluetooth earplugs with my NavV about £33 from Currys .

Cheers Piggers
    Which one did you go for piggers? Sound, comfort and battery life?
    Thanks

Sorry for the late reply ! They are as comfortable as any other earplugs i have used. Battery life ? i have only managed to get out for about 3 hrs at max, they lasted that.

cheers, Piggers
    Last edited by Piggers; 29-05-17 at 20:19. Reason: spelling