Garmin CN EU 2017.30 NTU mapping update problem

Because if you read the conditions of use for Garmin software they absolve themselves of all responsibility for foul-ups. It may or may not be legal in the UK but who's got a big enough wallet to take them on? In my case they want just under £78 for an exchange unit.

Try http://www.ukecc-services.net/ They should have enough money to take on Garmin.
Hurry though, you'll only be a member for a few more months.

It appears that they have now resolved the issue of only installing the 'North' maps. I've just updated my Nav V and now have the following maps installed:

CN Europe NTU 2017.30 ALL NORTH
CN Europe NTU 2017.30 ALL SOUTH
CN Europe NTU 2017.30 3D

Bob

Hi Bob - how did you fix it? I only have 3D and north. I have reformatted a 16GB card twice and reinstalled, Express says no issues but behold, no ALL SOUTH to be found anywhere.
Garmin support no help thus far. Please help!

Latest version of all software up to date.

Hi Bob - how did you fix it? I only have 3D and north. I have reformatted a 16GB card twice and reinstalled, Express says no issues but behold, no ALL SOUTH to be found anywhere.
Garmin support no help thus far. Please help!

Latest version of all software up to date.

I didn't fix it. I saw a few people had issues that looked like they were related to a problem at Garmin's end, so I waited a few days before attempting an update until one or two people announced on the Zumo forums that it was now working for them, I tried it and all was fine. Oh, I did ensure Garmin Express was up to date before I attempted the update. Sorry, not much help I'm afraid.

Bob

Thanks anyway Bob. I've had a right day of it:

Reformatted and reset 4 times with no luck.
All software up to date.
Found 2 hidden menus.
Used Basecamp and Mapinstaller software.
Garmin support.

No closer to a solution.
I'm really pissed off.

Ok so I finally found a work around. My Nav V unit would not do the following:

1) Update the map regularly through Express software as it did in 2016 where all EU worked just fine.
2) Further to what Ive read that EU North and EU South are split, it would not recognise South from any source/software.
3) Would not pull this new map from an SD card (it did before this version)

So:

- I did NOT use express to install anything, but instead used the extra program: Map Installer.
- I removed the SD card and installed it on the internal memory only, and since the limit is 4GB, I just deselected on the map the places I"m not going.

Not ideal since all EU should be all EU and both Garmin and BMW said they'll replace it, but I'm on the road on an around-the-world trip, so nav is kinda handy.
#quickfix

Back
Top Bottom