Garmin CN EU 2017.30 NTU mapping update problem

Bods will need to register with the Zumo forum to see the thread. It's a not for profit organisation, so it'll cost you nothing.

It installed fine on my Nuvi 2595 then bricked my Zumo 350. I've yet to call Garmin but will be doing so very pronto.

Zumoforums make you wait for admin approval before you can view posts. Since they're on the other side of the world to us there may be a delay between registering and being able to access anything.

Problem is it'll only install the EU "North" maps if you update them. EU "south" is apparently from the English Channel south.

reading the forum it appears if you download to pc or mac as well as the device you can send the rest of the mapset to the unit.

Thanks for the warning. I will wait until it is all sorted out. Lucky I saw this because I would probably have tried to install it otherwise.

Problem is it'll only install the EU "North" maps if you update them. EU "south" is apparently from the English Channel south.

Entirely believable. I first unstalled the maps using Garmin Express and was curious as to why I had Finland but not France. I used MapInstall to put almost the full mapset on and that's when it bricked.

I tried to update my maps a few nights ago but fortunately gave up.

My original 590LM was sent back to Garmin under guarantee and a refurbished unit sent back to me the serial number of the new unit did not come to me with the life time maps from Garmin after arguing the toss with them they relented and said they would put the LM on the new unit however the only option is to purchase new maps in "My Garmin" when I went to upgrade. seems they only allowed me to update the maps once.

I couldn't face the pain in contacting Garmin so gave up, in a negative way they seem to have done ma a favour :blast

I tried to update my maps a few nights ago but fortunately gave up.

My original 590LM was sent back to Garmin under guarantee and a refurbished unit sent back to me the serial number of the new unit did not come to me with the life time maps from Garmin after arguing the toss with them they relented and said they would put the LM on the new unit however the only option is to purchase new maps in "My Garmin" when I went to upgrade. seems they only allowed me to update the maps once.

I couldn't face the pain in contacting Garmin so gave up, in a negative way they seem to have done ma a favour :blast

The same thing happened to me but eventually I got the LM back - took about two or three weeks though!

reading the forum it appears if you download to pc or mac as well as the device you can send the rest of the mapset to the unit.

Any chance that you can give a heads up as to how you do this? How do you actually identify the 'South" maps.

Cnnot really understand why they have dne this though, as I updted device nd pc at the same time, which means that the download was for the whole of Europe. Why then only put half of them onto the Nav V?

Paul08 use something like map install or basecamp or mapsource to transfer tiles (map sections) to your device, from your pc/mac. there are many how to do this on the web. google transfer maps from PC/MAC to garmin satnav, or similar. you may even find a video of how to do it on youtube.

why only half, i can only guess that its either a size issue or just something faulty on the download.

Hi

Tried to update last night & my nav5 has bricked. The Mac ejected it with a USB overload warning, and now doesn't recognise it at all. The unit has reverted to such a basic setting that USA English is the only language.

Contacted garmin support this morning and they say I need to send it back to them. At a cost of £116.07.

Hi

Tried to update last night & my nav5 has bricked. The Mac ejected it with a USB overload warning, and now doesn't recognise it at all. The unit has reverted to such a basic setting that USA English is the only language.

Contacted garmin support this morning and they say I need to send it back to them. At a cost of £116.07.

Why would you pay to fix a faulty caused by a dodgy upgrade from Garmin?

Why would you pay to fix a faulty caused by a dodgy upgrade from Garmin?

Because if you read the conditions of use for Garmin software they absolve themselves of all responsibility for foul-ups. It may or may not be legal in the UK but who's got a big enough wallet to take them on? In my case they want just under £78 for an exchange unit.

Because if you read the conditions of use for Garmin software they absolve themselves of all responsibility for foul-ups. It may or may not be legal in the UK but who's got a big enough wallet to take them on? In my case they want just under £78 for an exchange unit.

What he said.

Unfortunately its pay up or have an expensive paperweight.

i do wonder if the phrase Garmin customer support is an oxymoron.

So a nice little earner for Garmin. They can effectively push a button and demand a fee to fix a device they have broken. A step away from "ransom ware"

Got to say I am less than impressed with Garmin. Customer support usually just repeat sends standard email response re reset, update via express etc despite stating that those steps already taken!

They eventually replaced the unit after 12 months of problems.

However I thought I had bricked the new unit but suspect the slowness of my pic or more specifically the hdd was preventing full update and I didn't have navigable maps despite it saying they were loaded

Installed a ssd and it ran flawlessly updating in about 17 minutes

It appears that they have now resolved the issue of only installing the 'North' maps. I've just updated my Nav V and now have the following maps installed:

CN Europe NTU 2017.30 ALL NORTH
CN Europe NTU 2017.30 ALL SOUTH
CN Europe NTU 2017.30 3D

Bob

Updated my Nav V this morning without any problems:thumby:

Mapinstall doesn't work though, something about a Windows registry problem:blast

Back
Top Bottom