Rukka - Is It Only Their Laminated-Shell Gore-Tex Pro Stuff That's Super-Duper?

This gear will be worn on a variety of bikes - 1150GS, FJR1300, GTR1400, GSX650F, 650GS... So "adventure" cut may not necessarily be an advantage.

Just been looking at both the Scott Priority jacket & pants (great prices for Gore-Tex laminated stuff - good call Younger06 :thumb2), and the Stadler/TT stuff.

The Scott stuff is handsome - just how I like bike gear; subtle and unfussy. Can't find much online to get myself informed on it. I did have a bit of a look at the Scott stuff in the tent at the TT event in Wicklow last year, and I did like it. Just didn't realise at the time that they do Gore-Tex Pro laminated stuff.

I love the idea of the Stadler/TT suit - a summer suit with all the armour in it, with a Gore-Tex Pro laminated shell. Huge money, but arguably a pretty complete solution to the "all-season" issue. BUT... in practice that's no different than using a ventilated jacket from one brand with a separate waterproof shell from another (involving the same rigmarole of donning/doffing the rain layer when necessary, scuttling the goal of not needing an over-suit), and that could be achieved for a lot less than nearly €2200...

I know you are concentrating on Goretex membranes but Scott do another suit, one notch down in their range called the Scott Definite Pro DP..............this seems to be their "business class" (as opposed to First Class) version of the Priority......using there own DRYOshere laminated membrane

https://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/products/2463921040011/SCOTT-Definit-Pro-DP-Jacket

It looks like it might be a bit tougher (750D textile) than the Prioroty and I can vouch that their own membrane is perfectly waterproof and extremely breathable as I have one of their jackets with DRYOshere drop liner. I'm a big fella and I run very hot.......If I sweat in a jacket, it just get's discarded. Take a trip down, they have a lot of stock.

I'm going to pull the trigger on the Priority or the Definit this summer, they are extremely well made.

I have a Rukka and hardly ever wear it due to the stiffness and the fact the pockets are so mean and badly positioned.
I also have a Revitt which is Goretex but not laminate, this is altogether more comfortable with pockets in the right places, for me,
I like pockets to the front with a top opening allowing my hands to go easily in. So many of the expensive suits have disappointing pockets.

I know you are concentrating on Goretex membranes but Scott do another suit, one notch down in their range called the Scott Definite Pro DP..............this seems to be their "business class" (as opposed to First Class) version of the Priority......using there own DRYOshere laminated membrane

https://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/products/2463921040011/SCOTT-Definit-Pro-DP-Jacket

It looks like it might be a bit tougher (750D textile) than the Prioroty and I can vouch that their own membrane is perfectly waterproof and extremely breathable as I have one of their jackets with DRYOshere drop liner. I'm a big fella and I run very hot.......If I sweat in a jacket, it just get's discarded. Take a trip down, they have a lot of stock.

I'm going to pull the trigger on the Priority or the Definit this summer, they are extremely well made.

Interesting. I'm rarely a top-brand kinda guy (my outdoor gear is eVent rather than Gore-Tex), but in the world of biking Gore-Tex is widely proven, where most proprietary equivalents are less so.

Must spin down to Wexford soon. :thumb

Held do a jacket with lots of vents and a gore-tex inner shell that can be worn outside if the rain gets heavy so the best of both worlds

............I'd love to hear comments - particularly regarding venting (waterproofing being a given) - if you guys have experience with any of them..............

Curiously I was in the same place as yourself - weighing up options & sharing many of your prejudices but.
But what?
I have been using an Aerostich Roadcrafter for 10 years or so - it is no longer waterproof & was never 100% so but.
But if you arranged the suit carefully (pulling it up in front to avoid a sump in the gusset) it took about a day & a half for the water to get in until the last year or so. Treating it with water repellant helped but eventually the law of diminishing returns bites you & it's new suit time.
Living in a remote corner of our hallowed isle precluded me from trying on any of your outlined alternatives & on line perusal raises as many if not more issues than it resolves.
The roadcrafter is a good suit if you get the fit right & that is tricky. My first one was not perfect but it was not bad either. Luckily it was recalled because of a high viz fading issue - in opting for replacement I paid for some adjustment & got a perfect fit.
It is a cold suit in winter but a heated waistcoat sorts that & I don't do much winter riding any more; it's not a bad hot weather suit in that it is reasonably well vented but where it really scores is in its facility for taking off & putting back on quickly.
The dollar currently does not mitigate in my favour & the VAT man will rape me (my brother who lives in Uncle Sam's land will help me dodge that bullet. All in all I'm strongly inclined to go the same way again - the devil you know etc but.
But I was wondering if you have resolved your dilemma?

No progress yet. Big decision. My role is research & recon. Feeding info to the decision-makers regularly.

I sussed out the Scott Priority GT jacket at the Irish bike show. Very light, very comfy. But a little long, and a bit shy on the pocket count.

Rukka Kalix is interesting - laminated, 6 year warranty, and much cheaper than Rukka's heavy hitters, though not so generous with the venting.

I'm a Rev'it fan boy now...... don't overlook them.

Dublin Triumph/Harley Davidson are stockists, there pricing seems on par with the interweb and they have a sale or return agreement with Rev'it so they have no problem ordering in for you to try with no obligation to buy.

Sent from a OnePlusX

I have Rev It Dominator jacket,pants and gloves.

Great kit,apart from I find the knee armour a bit inflexible.
The jacket and gloves are the best I've ever owned.

Interesting. I'm rarely a top-brand kinda guy (my outdoor gear is eVent rather than Gore-Tex), but in the world of biking Gore-Tex is widely proven, where most proprietary equivalents are less so.

Must spin down to Wexford soon. :thumb

https://www.revitsport.com/en/men/jacket-horizon-2.html#101

https://www.revitsport.com/en/men/trousers-horizon-2.html#001

This a very reasonably priced laminated jacket, it uses Rev'it's Hydratex membrane. I have just bought the trousers, they are definitely waterproof, have level 2 armour and so far, they seem to breath fairly well.

Downside seems to be that the textile feels very "crunchy" (but they will probably soften up)

The kacks where 300 yoyos and I think the jacket is similarly priced.

Agree about Rev'it.

I bought the Everest Jacket and trousers at discount when they were being phased out for the Poseidon.
€380 for Jacket and €300 for trousers.

Brilliant gear.
Goretex Pro.

Maybe not the best venting in very warm weather, but we get so little of it, it hardly matters.

I imagine the Poseidon is even better as it has better venting.

Holy thread revival Batman!!

Thinking of getting Rev'it Poseidon GTX pants as I put some holes in my Rev'it Horizon 2 pants during a recent "off"

Anyone wearing the current Poseidon gear....and if so.........any thoughts??

Thinking of getting Rev'it Poseidon GTX pants as I put some holes in my Rev'it Horizon 2 pants during a recent "off"

Oi! I've just bought bloomin' Horizon 2 pants on your recommendation! Whilst I respect your right to fall off and make holes in your own trousers (although you shouldn't make a habit of it in my view) why aren't you just buying another set of Horizon 2s?

(I rather like mine, as it happens)

Oi! I've just bought bloomin' Horizon 2 pants on your recommendation! Whilst I respect your right to fall off and make holes in your own trousers (although you shouldn't make a habit of it in my view) why aren't you just buying another set of Horizon 2s?

(I rather like mine, as it happens)
I still have my Horizon 2 kacks, and will be keeping them (they are almost brand new) but there is 3 small holes up around the hip area, so will let water in.
I just fancy the Poseidon (if funds aren't too tight... this side of Xmas)

Sent from a U11

Rukka's navigator suit is meant to be an adventure cut suitable for the GS

It isn’t - it’s a road cut.
Trousers are cut slim for a road boot not adventure. They rise up and stay there with an adventure style boot.
Also for some unknown reason they chose to put the adjuster over the top of the waterproof zip (unlike the jacket sleeves which are the “normal” way round) so if you try and snug it up - it’s folding that not the soft laminate.
Jacket works but creates a huge draught on the GS due to Rukka choosing not to use a 360 zip. Winglets make it even worse!
On the ZZR there is zero draught regardless of the weather/temp.
Also Tranam have just decided (2yrs after release) to bring in Rukkas proper 4 season suit with the down liner.
They also deliberately have them renamed to stop people buying them abroad.

So...

FWIW...

After 10s of thousands of miles ridden since starting this thread - which included 5200km around Spain/Portugal/France and 3200km around Scotland - and a not insignificant amount of money spent, my wardrobe now consists of the following...

JACKETS
Rukka Armaxis Gore-Tex laminated.
Dainese D-Stormer (removable waterproof liner).
Dainese Air Crono mesh.
Dainese Stripes leather.
Wolf Titanium leather.
Scott Ergonomic waterproof.

PANTS
Dainese D-Stormer (removable waterproof liner).
Dainese Drake Super Air mesh.
Dainese Tempest (fixed waterproof liner).
Dainese leather.
Wolf Titanium leather.

Course Rocker kevlar jeans (XL Moto own-brand).
Scott Ergonomic waterproof.

Everything in red was bought used from various Tossers... :eek:

I did buy a Rukka Arma-S jacket & pants on here, but it turned out that Rukka size 54 fits bigger than Dainese & Wolf size 54, so I moved those on to a mate (Crunch on here), and got a Rukka Armaxis 52 from here. If anyone has a pair of Rukka Gore-Tex Pro (laminated) pants in size 52 (Arma-S, Armaxion, etc) they want to move on, let me know...

So I probably have every climatic eventuality covered, but still hold the opinion that there doesn't exist a one-suit-to-rule-them-all solution...

Last edited:
I have a Rukka Laminated suit about ten years old now still warm and dry but uncomfortable in hot weather so i got a BMW enduro suit with all the zips and vents and separate gor-tex liner works well in the rain but the outer gets soaked.

Back
Top Bottom