Taken the Plunge.........and love it!

steve7765

Reaction score
After much deliberation, multiple trips to look in dealers at bikes for sale and quite a few sleepless nights thinking should or shouldn't i i finally took the plunge and purchased a 65 plate R1200 GS TE on Xmas Eve.

To say i'm pleased with the bike is an understatement!

I came into biking quite late, passing my test 18 months ago when aged 50 (apparently it was my 6th midlife crisis!) and purchased a Triumph Tiger 800. The problem was, i never loved the Tiger, i liked her, but no matter what i couldn't fall in love. I don't think we were anything other than "friends with benefits".

All the while whenever i was out on the Tiger and i came across a GS my head was always turned to look, to the point where i just had to have one.

And so the process began of "softening up the wife". Many of you that read this will fully understand of the multiple stages that must be completed to get to the goal, an odd comment here and there about how great the GS looks, a "lets just nip in here" diversion when passing (not really passing, but diverted to somehow be near) a dealership where everything is shiny and new. Leaving the "bikes for sale" page open on the PC, to finally dropping the "i'm just gonna test ride a GS this weekend" stage, etc etc etc. Im sure others have developed a similar or even a more complex strategy before becoming owners.

Anyway, on Xmas eve i finally fell in love when i saw her in Williams in Manchester, there she was, she even had my name written on her loudly proclaiming she was mine! How could i not love her!!!

My wife knows shes lost part of me, she knows theres someone else in our marriage although i'm non too sure she ever thought it would be a 2 wheeled German i've decided to call Molly!

And so begins my 7th mid life crisis!!!!

men shouldn't name their bikes.....its not very macho is it.....welcome

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the bike.:thumb

Naming your bike is a bit strange, so you'll fit in with most of the nutcases on here!:D

Nothing wrong with naming your awesome steed.....just not molly....my rocksters called Bob....which of course is a rugged and manly name.

Another North Wester! Welcome mate, hope to see you bimbling around sometime this spring.

Such a familiar story...:D and one I have lived through :D:D and it worked for me too, in November. Welcome and enjoy this forum. It's a great place to hang out in these dark glum months.

Ha ha, know what you mean regards herself indoors.

Welcome to the site and the new wheels.

My other half really enjoys being out two up on the Beemer...

Back
Top Bottom