Action Cameras.

I had a look at the footage and to be brutally honest it isn't great.

The first clip has difficulty in handling the hedging at the sides of the screen and it is jerky on occasions. You mention yourself that the Git2 is a bit dodgy in very bright and borderline in the light to dark transition.

What is the point in taking the time to set up a camera and reviewing pictures which aren't going to give you the best possible footage to watch back? IMO if it isn't the best then there is no point so £100 wasted.

What is the point in taking the time to set up a camera and reviewing pictures which aren't going to give you the best possible footage to watch back? IMO if it isn't the best then there is no point so £100 wasted.

When I first started "filming" from a bike I used a CCD bullet camera plugged into a camcorder. A bit cumbersome, but it did the job on a 20k kms trip.
The problem is, all the CMOS stuff is flawed in one way or another. No external power, too wide an angle, jelly wobble, poor res.
I still have a couple of action cams, now residing in a drawer, collecting dust.

I have been looking at these recently. Not cheap and I need to find out if the camera portion is CCD.
If so, they seem like a good option.

Has anyone trialed Aldi maxtek camera seems brilliant for money comes with all mounts memory card etc £29.95

my mate told me about those tonight, he said his is very good but just depends on what his V good is compared to mine or yours, to be honest for that money you could get it and just see how it is

my mate told me about those tonight, he said his is very good but just depends on what his V good is compared to mine or yours, to be honest for that money you could get it and just see how it is

Is the ALDI one still available ?

Been looking at getting an "action cam" for a while now and just seen that Garmin have a latest greatest model out - vibe Ultra 30 (https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/522869) - anyone here taken the plunge on one ? They any good, or more relevantly as good as or better than the GoPro 4/5 ? :thumb

The first clip has difficulty in handling the hedging at the sides of the screen and it is jerky on occasions. You mention yourself that the Git2 is a bit dodgy in very bright and borderline in the light to dark transition.

What camera do you use ?

Yes they do look similar spec wise.

The GPS data is more useful on the garmin virb, would be good to hear of normal-ish people's experience with one :rob

The GoPro 5 also has GPS data.
e1e18e9bcc94bda25971dae07ab960fd.jpg

Why do they insist on making action cams that are the shape of a brick, you would think a streamline shape would be better.

Did you just watch only the first 30 seconds to come to that conclusion ? because I agree the hedges do blur but that is not the Camera it happened when uploaded to youtube, also it was one of my first efforts editing and I was using movie maker (shite) so its was me rather than the camera

the raw results it provides are very near what a gopro hero 4 produces except for low light

The original question was about cheaper cameras and if they are usable on a casual basis which I believe they are, yes a go pro is better but it is 4 times the cost at £400

The results I am getting now using final cut are a lot better, once the weather improves I will do that run by the hedges again.

So my £100 was not wasted at all thanks for the comment !

Plenty of cheap earlier GoPro's available. Even the latest 5 version is available for £300.

Back
Top Bottom