HIRING A GSA IN THE USA

Can someone put an actual figure on what they have paid ? I've seen lots of folks who have shipped but never an aclual price

I can confirm Eaglerider are pro but expensive

A friend of mine used eagle rider he had a mechanical breakdown of which was un fixable at roadside ,it meant he had an early check in at hotel ,but a replacement bike was there at the crack of dawn next day .
That's pretty good but I suppose it should be at the prices they charge ,our quote is coming back at around £2.600 but then add evip full waiver bollocks and it's around 3 g mark and that's for 17 days :eek:

That's all well and good but why would you tie up $10 or $12k on a half decent bike, spend a few more $$ getting it ready then take an unknown hit on it when you are done?

I supposse your right when talking of a high dollar bike. It would probably safer to do this with an inexpensive motorcycle. For instance a pretty nice Suzuki VStrom DL 650 complete with luggage and other farkles could be had for $3,000 (my friend has just this bike he needs to sell). Add $1,200 for new tires, license, and insurance and off you go for five weeks and 10,000 miles. Hell you could damn near throw the thing away, but in fact offer it cheap say $2,000 for a quick sell.
I know if I were doing an extended tour of Europe this would be my preference. I would ask and trust a dealer or someone, on this forum for instance, to help locate and purchase the motorcycle.

A tourist I met from New Zealand does just this every Summer with a car. He flies to the east coast and buys something like a used Kia, spends six weeks driving across country then sells it in California and flys home.

Always figured on trips over 5-6 weeks, it's worth shipping your own bike.
Less than that - hire. So its borderline.
BUT......
Half the fun for a big trip, I find, is the fettling of your bike.
If it were me I would be shipping my bike - you can also ship a fair bit of kit at the same time.
If it were me (wish it was) I would be speaking to Bilko - no question.

Air Canada fly the bikes un crated I think its a grand if you are on the same flight.

I'm led to believe its easier to fly into Canada then go into the States over the land border, rather than fly into the US.
Have a look at the HUBB on the Horizons Unlimited website.

£2.3k for 17 days rental in 2012 was far too expensive to repeat in a hurry :eek:

I rented Mustang convertibles in 2014 and 2016 as they were still good fun, but only cost £500, so the cost saving paid for the flights. A Corvette Z06 is about £1k.

I do want to ride a bike there again, but it's hard to justify the cost. It probably makes more sense to rent a Harley for a day or two to ride the great biking roads and use a car for the rest of the trip e.g. rent in Billings to ride the Beartooth and Chief Joseph highways :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom