HIRING A GSA IN THE USA

Lee Frost

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Myself and Mrs F are planning to spend 4-5 weeks next year riding in the USA. It's probably not cost effective to ship my GSA over for that length of time so we'll hire. Have no firm plans of where to go just yet but likely to fly to Vegas or LA and explore Utah, Arizona, West Coast. Anyone hired a GSA from Vegas or LA and can recommend a bike rental company out there?

For 5 weeks, how about contacting a dealer and buy a bike then sell it back to them afterwards.

You will cover the cost of shipping your GSA in less than two and a half weeks of hire charges. PM Sgt Bilco. He'll sort you out.:thumb2

You will cover the cost of shipping your GSA in less than two and a half weeks of hire charges. PM Sgt Bilco. He'll sort you out.:thumb2

Thanks for that Andy. I'll drop Chris a PM :beerjug:

Eaglerider have it all pretty much sown up over there I believe not cheap though .:thumb2

There are two Eagleriders in LV one is Harley and Indian and part of the wider network ( I used them) the other is a small franchise that have things like a Triumph explores - I understand that they are quite small and have limited stock.

Have you considered a Harley, I realy enjoyed it

There are two Eagleriders in LV one is Harley and Indian and part of the wider network ( I used them) the other is a small franchise that have things like a Triumph explores - I understand that they are quite small and have limited stock.

Have you considered a Harley, I realy enjoyed it

Eaglerider and other renters are OK for a couple of weeks max but if you are staying longer, it will cost you a small fortune. Shipping your own with a friendly tosser is a much better option and of course it's your bike and you have everything on it :thumb.

For 5 weeks, how about contacting a dealer and buy a bike then sell it back to them afterwards.

I would look into this. Perhaps buy a nice used bike from a dealer and paying them to service it. Hell you could probably sell it on to another Brit going over.

I would look into this. Perhaps buy a nice used bike from a dealer and paying them to service it. Hell you could probably sell it on to another Brit going over.

That's all well and good but why would you tie up $10 or $12k on a half decent bike, spend a few more $$ getting it ready then take an unknown hit on it when you are done?

Where do you register it? How about insurance?
Surely you'll struggle with those things as a non resident?

Eaglerider and other renters are OK for a couple of weeks max but if you are staying longer, it will cost you a small fortune. Shipping your own with a friendly tosser is a much better option and of course it's your bike and you have everything on it :thumb.

It certainly wasn't cheap to rent

Last time I tried it, buying and selling in the USA turned out to be such a convoluted process for a non-resident, I gave up and rented. The buggerbears were insurance and registration - as mentioned above.

Have a look on advrider.com as there are a few people on there that are happy to loan their bikes to foreign visitors for small fees.

Thanks for your PM Chris - great advice. Shipping looks like the best option and I'd much rather ride my own bike than hire. I'll definitely be in touch when we have firm dates.:beerjug:

Air Canada fly the bikes un crated I think its a grand if you are on the same flight.

Back
Top Bottom