Innovv K1 Dual Camera Motorcycle Dashcam

After being knocked off my bike and left unconscious in the middle of the road by a car driver who didn't stop, last year, I have fitted a similar system to my bike. This is the one I used.*Automatically switches on and starts to record front and back with the ignition. Highly recommended.

I have the same kit. I keep getting pink flashes on the rear camera and even if I swap the camera connection around ( i.e. Front to rear and vice versa on the main control) have you had that issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

the screen flashes pink colour and some times freezes in green colour and this happens only with the rear camera

Bizarrely when I used high beam, but I do have HID bulbs fitted to my bike (super high voltage). Since fitting suppressors about 5 months ago I've not had the issue. It does seem to be a common complaint on the INNOVV forum. My guess is the next batch of cameras that ship will have built in EMI noise suppressors!

The suppressor clamps. Should it be fitted to the camera cable or power cables

Maybe you could start your own thread about that camera then...

Sorry to hijack your thread. I posted here as he had posted it in this thread. I have now sent pm. Don't worry I will not post in your thread again.

I've had the k1 fitted for 3 months and it was working well until a couple of weeks ago when the front camera port stopped working. I emailed the company and after a few checks have sent the unit back but they tell me they have no replacements until mid April. When I first ordered it, it arrived in a week which I thought was very good but beware you will pay a customs charge of £20 on top of the price.

I've had the k1 fitted for 3 months and it was working well until a couple of weeks ago when the front camera port stopped working. I emailed the company and after a few checks have sent the unit back but they tell me they have no replacements until mid April. When I first ordered it, it arrived in a week which I thought was very good but beware you will pay a customs charge of £20 on top of the price.

Hi, where did tyou purchase it from plz.?
Also how much ?

Hi, where did tyou purchase it from plz.?
Also how much ?

It was around£220 direct from innovv. I'm happy with the quality but you have to factor in buying an sd card and customs which all bumps it up.

I put the direct link to their website with the price in the first post.

Keep returning to your post with interest, I'm still contemplating.. (sitting on the fence so to speak) I would give one a go if it was a little more reasonable.
It's the long term reliability thing I am a tad concerned about.
In concept a great piece of kit..

Keep returning to your post with interest, I'm still contemplating.. (sitting on the fence so to speak) I would give one a go if it was a little more reasonable.
It's the long term reliability thing I am a tad concerned about.
In concept a great piece of kit..

I think the price is fine for what you get and is very comparable to a dual camera car dash cam. I bought the car cameras for it and use it on my daily car commute.

Thanks for the tips... so far.

I've had one for a month... With no chance so far to fit it.

The coming week sees me with a few days spare so reading through this thread has given me a few good pointers.

Knowing that the GPS unit isn't waterproof, I was going to omit that (and the switch - as I want the unit to just switch on when the bike is powered up) thus cutting down the number of wires going to the DVR unit.

Re waterproofing... my thought has been either a peli-case or, more cheaply the sandwich bag option (my thoughts for that being to slice the closed end off two snap-close poly bags, feed DVR unit with wires in and then re-close/seal using electrical tape. Then do the same with the second bag as a "belt & braces" security. To access the DVR unit, you then just snap open the sealing clip on the bags and fold them back)
My thoughts with a peli-case are to cut a rectangle about 0.75cm x 2cm in one end of the outer case for the plug connections to be passed through, punch 2mm holes in the silicone liner for the wires to pass through with a single cut linking those holes. That way, once the unit is in the case and the case closed, the silicone liner SHOULD seal around the wires. As a precaution, the hole cut in thee outer case could also be filled with silicone mastic.

If I go with the peli-case option, my intention is to make a small aluminium bracket with velcro securing straps and mount this up in the cockpit in the opposite corner to the 'Nippy Norman Oil Bottle'.

Watch this space for developments on this farkle. :)

I'm reviving this thread of a few months back as I'm interested to see what's the progress of the K1 boxes thus far?

Have you guys had any further issues or has it been solid? Last post seems to be in April so a good four months of testing or more.

I'll be really interested on getting a system like this as I commute everyday with the mighty GS.

Cheers,
Rami

I'm reviving this thread of a few months back as I'm interested to see what's the progress of the K1 boxes thus far?

Have you guys had any further issues or has it been solid? Last post seems to be in April so a good four months of testing or more.

I'll be really interested on getting a system like this as I commute everyday with the mighty GS.

Cheers,
Rami

Mine will be a year old in December and the rear camera has died. Waiting for a warranty replacement from China. They seemed happy enough to send a new one but it's not arrived yet after two weeks. Other than that it's done it's job having caught an accident I witnessed on camera.

Back
Top Bottom