Innovv K1 Dual Camera Motorcycle Dashcam

Just a thought for especially the front mounted camera would a more central mounting point not be better, if the camera is mounted on the nearside it would not record a hit from the offside and vice versa (due to the bodywork blocking the shot, as can be seen in the posted footage.

At work all the on board cameras were always as far as possible centrally mounted .

I made this bracket up for my Innovv front cam...

I can send a basic drawing to anyone who might want to make similar

Attachments

• IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1999.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 535
Mine has been working great using the sandwich bag option. I did try making a cordura type cover with Velcro closures. I then mounted the unit on top of the ECU... but it VERY quickly started overheating. So it was back to the sandwich bags. We've had some appalling weather this summer, through which I've done rides of 100miles + without any moisture issues on the system.

My vote goes to the Innovv. Their customer service is top notch and the product is good - even if you have to source and fit the ferrite blobs to fit to the wires.

Cheers lads, the feedback is much appreciated.

I think I'll go with the INNOV route then, the youtuber "Snowcat" also swears by them and has been using the K1 for a few years.

BTW, that bracket looks CLEAN! I don't think I have those mounting points on my HEX head but when the time comes, I'll be looking at doing a central point mount like that. It'll also have to be some place where it's protected as I do go offroad with the mighty GS.

Cheers,
Rami

Mines been good all this time and I also use it in my car so swap when required. I found the best results in setting the interval to 1 min.

Cheers lads, the feedback is much appreciated.

I think I'll go with the INNOV route then, the youtuber "Snowcat" also swears by them and has been using the K1 for a few years.

BTW, that bracket looks CLEAN! I don't think I have those mounting points on my HEX head but when the time comes, I'll be looking at doing a central point mount like that. It'll also have to be some place where it's protected as I do go offroad with the mighty GS.

Cheers,
Rami

It wouldn't take much fettling to make the bracket with protective bars rami... but you might need to use a process of trial and error as the lens angle is pretty wide.

With the setup on my bike, I wasn't able to make a rear mount that was fully central, but I made an extended side mount bracket (left side) that, with the lens angle, give a reasonable view. (Pictured)

Again, PM me and I can send a drawing.

I chum of mine has mounted his centrally under his rear carrier rack but I'm not so keen, as his picture is "cropped" by view of top-box and rear light

Attachments

• IMG_1998.jpg
    IMG_1998.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_1997.jpg
    IMG_1997.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 601
Could I ask if fitting without a Hex ezcan etc... the easiest place to pick up a switched feed from for the activating signal?

Could I ask if fitting without a HexCan etc... the easiest place to pick up a switched feed from for the activating signal?

I used the headlight supply, I'm on a 2007 bike. Some people have used the feed to the diagnostic plug but I didn't want the cameras running until post engine start as the drain caused by starting is enough to cause brown outs.

Anyone know if it would be possible/work to take a feed from the dash power outlet with an appropriate plug?

Or could you even run the whole system though that socket?

Anyone know if it would be possible/work to take a feed from the dash power outlet with an appropriate plug?

Or could you even run the whole system though that socket?

You could easily use any of the DIN sockets to provide the switched live as the current draw it tiny. It's a good way of doing it.

Engine start can dramatically drop the system voltage so the dipped headlight is a good trigger point.

I have a different make of dual camera and took the trigger from a feed in the plug you can see under the front seat

f2719a9e4e8890325483e564bd3ae1ef.png

16fd3319e8a69e56091833f09c4bf02d.png

Back
Top Bottom