HEX Ezcan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm not being snarky I mentioned the website as a simple non canbus way to power auxiliary sockets.
Some of us haven't got £240 to spend and yes it's not high tech but my horn,satnav/ phone, heated jacket works gosh where did I go wrong in my biking thinking? perhaps I'm just one of the old school of hard up bikers.

Well maybe you should make a "Look what I made for £12" thread instead of posting unrelated stuff in this one. No one cares if you don't need the extra features of the EZCan.

Is a further advantage that it removes the "permanent live" option if your lights are wired direct to the battery i.e. stops someone walking by and switching the spotlights on. :nenau

Yes that's right.

Anyone 'walking by' can't access any of the features the HEX EZCan is connected to. Only when the ignition is live.

Well I'm not being snarky I mentioned the website as a simple non canbus way to power auxiliary sockets.
Some of us haven't got £240 to spend and yes it's not high tech but my horn,satnav/ phone, heated jacket works gosh where did I go wrong in my biking thinking? perhaps I'm just one of the old school of hard up bikers.

I can understand people not having the cash to spend on this type of integration and technology. But for those that do have the ability to spend some money, there is nothing wrong with that.

Furthermore we do want to explore the integration and features, not be sidetracked back into the 20th Century when Copper Wire and Spit solved all problems for £12.

This branch of motorcycling is moving into the 21st Century and for those that are interested we wan't to explore whats available.

Warlord, have been following your Garmin XE thread with interest. One question have, with the Ez Can, do you have to buy sockets to put onto cables so they connect to the tails. I assume the cable from the Garmin camera doesn't have the correct end to just plug in :) Is the accessory socket off the Ezcan the one to use for a camera?

Warlord, have been following your Garmin XE thread with interest. One question have, with the Ez Can, do you have to buy sockets to put onto cables so they connect to the tails. I assume the cable from the Garmin camera doesn't have the correct end to just plug in :) Is the accessory socket off the Ezcan the one to use for a camera?

The EZcan comes with the corresponding connection plug so all you need to do is wire that to the end of your Garmin cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I brought an aadditional pack of connectors off ebay so I could put connectors at both ends to make removal/replacement of the lights etc. simpler.

Pretty inexpensive and can be soldered or crimped.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Kits-Sets-2-Pin-Way-Car-Auto-Waterproof-Seal-Electrical-Wire-Connector-Plug/252004980026?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Just ordered a Hexcan from Beemer shop, just for extra lights really but interesting to see what else it can do.

I fitted one of these that was previuosly fitted to my RT - http://www.nippynormans.com/f650stf650csf650gsf650-dakar/fuzeblock-switchable-fuse-panel

Not sophisticated, but allows the option of variable fuse rating and switched/non switched power.

I took the switched live by splicing/soldering in to the loom as per this Youtube video - using the correct cable as detailed later in the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTpsccTIW6Y

I placed the Fuzeblock under the passenger seat as it has more room.

Powers all I need - incl an Airman pump without tripping the canbus.

I fitted one of these that was previuosly fitted to my RT - http://www.nippynormans.com/f650stf650csf650gsf650-dakar/fuzeblock-switchable-fuse-panel

Not sophisticated, but allows the option of variable fuse rating and switched/non switched power.

I took the switched live by splicing/soldering in to the loom as per this Youtube video - using the correct cable as detailed later in the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTpsccTIW6Y

I placed the Fuzeblock under the passenger seat as it has more room.

Powers all I need - incl an Airman pump without tripping the canbus.

What does this have to do with the EZCan?

exactly... I thought the title of the thread would make it obvious

GB above, for example, bought one to power additional lights - an expensive way to do it, if that's all you want. So therefore, letting others know that it doesn't have to be expensive to run a number additional power feeds.

What is the problem with that?

Secondly it's a forum that i've subscribed to and can therefore post - so be a good chap and fcuk off along with your superior attitude.

I don't think it is an expensive way, it saves on switches (where on the lc you have limited room on the bars, and where there is room it's hard to reach) saves on relays and wiring, plus it will do so much more than just power them. I appreciate your concern and I did look at other methods, I purchased the lead to plug into the socket in the beak like I had on my hexhead GS but that doesn't fit the lc model. So the only way to do it so I can reach the switch easily would be buy bmws wiring kit and switch which comes to £130odd that's without any relays or wiring, so I made the decision to go down the hexcan route.

GB above, for example, bought one to power additional lights - an expensive way to do it, if that's all you want. So therefore, letting others know that it doesn't have to be expensive to run a number additional power feeds.

What is the problem with that?

Secondly it's a forum that i've subscribed to and can therefore post - so be a good chap and fcuk off along with your superior attitude.

The point of the thread is about the HEX Ezcan and for those that have done so or are looking into the pros and cons before making a decision can exchange ideas. Before purchasing mine, i too looked at all the alternatives to include the fuzeblock and PDM60.

As a suggestion, why not start a seperate thread on the Fuzeblock and show/detail what you have done and how it works for you. :nenau

In the meantime, do us all a favour and stop drinking the cup of inferior attitude in morning. It doesnt suit you. ;)

The point of the thread is about the HEX Ezcan and for those that have done so or are looking into the pros and cons before making a decision can exchange ideas. Before purchasing mine, i too looked at all the alternatives to include the fuzeblock and PDM60.

As a suggestion, why not start a seperate thread on the Fuzeblock and show/detail what you have done and how it works for you. :nenau

In the meantime, do us all a favour and stop drinking the cup of inferior attitude in morning. It doesnt suit you. ;)

As an EZCAN alternative its good to post it in this thread!
I dont know any rules saying what or what cant be posted!

As an EZCAN alternative its good to post it in this thread!
I dont know any rules saying what or what cant be posted!

Neither do I but so many threads on so many subjects go 'off topic'..... hence, start a separate topic. Each to their own.

Neither do I but so many threads on so many subjects go 'off topic'..... hence, start a separate topic. Each to their own.

As you said "Each to their own" if people want to post in this thread its their choice, this is a discussion forum open to all after all!
Nobody has the power to force anyone to start other threads!

As you said "Each to their own" if people want to post in this thread its their choice, this is a discussion forum open to all after all!
Nobody has the power to force anyone to start other threads!

Yes but it also has topics and it's pointless for someone to come in and start posting unrelated this in an ongoing discussion.

Yes but it also has topics and it's pointless for someone to come in and start posting unrelated this in an ongoing discussion.

I was a related post. The thread is about sources of additional power - is it not?

You could have just ignored it - but for some reason decided to have a pop.

It's a public forum - get over it.

BTW, I think it is a well designed bit kit and if I wanted to do all the things you do I'd probably buy one.

I was a related post. The thread is about sources of additional power - is it not?

You could have just ignored it - but for some reason decided to have a pop.

It's a public forum - get over it.

BTW, I think it is a well designed bit kit and if I wanted to do all the things you do I'd probably buy one.

No, the post is specifically about the HEX EZCan which has more features than a simple additional power source. You thought you would chime in with some nonsense which had nothing to do with the thread at all.

Go start your own thread about whatever product you found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom