GetGoing Insurance the best so far

daytripper!

Reaction score
:mad:
Daughter graduated in May and managed to get a 1 year contract teaching languages at a University in France. At Xmas I realise she is travelling around mainland Europe at weekends / hols etc with no insurance (1st WTF moment). So I try to buy Annual multi trip insurance for her but 6 companies later and all say all trips must start and end in UK. LV do a LongStay travel policy (which even allows you to earn money during yr travel adventures) and covers up to 18months travel and only the first flight ‘need’ UK airport. Unfortunately, as per the other companies, LV asked if she been resident in the UK for the last 6months: answer no, as explained been teaching in France since September ~ in that case sir we cannot help (2nd WTF moment). What about her previous 22.75yrs in the UK??? I asked each company what I should do and stock reply was insurance companies cannot give advice due to FCA rules (3rd WTF moment). So I looked on ukgser and noticed Get Going Insurance got a good write-up. They could not help either but: they were the only pro-active company ie tried to find ways around the problem, were apologetic and advised me for insurance problems to ring British Insurers Brokers Association 0370 950 1790. If common sense does not prevail the next episode will be in the Forum Rant section!:mad:

multi point insurance options

Any ukgser tossers with two 'residences' eg uk and spain and fly between them or even fly to and from other destinations ~ if so any advice on travel insurance options?
My immediate requirement is to help out my daughter who is moving around inside Europe but I am working on a cunning plan of my own to ride the gs around Euroland following the sun for say a month at a time, storing the bike for a month, then carrying on the 'adventure' on a repeat on / off monthly basis.
As UK responsibilities reduce am considering avoiding future UK winters altogether. Again any thought collective wisdom on insurance and other hurdles to be overcome appreciated....Thanks!

multi point insurance options

Any ukgser tossers with two 'residences' eg uk and spain and fly between them or even fly to and from other destinations ~ if so any advice on travel insurance options?
My immediate requirement is to help out my daughter who is moving around inside Europe but I am working on a cunning plan of my own to ride the gs around Euroland following the sun for say a month at a time, storing the bike for a month, then carrying on the 'adventure' on a repeat on / off monthly basis.
As UK responsibilities reduce am considering avoiding future UK winters altogether. Again any thought collective wisdom on insurance and other hurdles to be overcome appreciated....Thanks!

For anyone interested, Voyager Travel Insurance seem to be best placed for extended visits away which involve earning money whilst travelling. Alt approach seems to be based on Expat insurance. I hired a Harley in the States and did SF and Pacific Highway 1 (fantastic hol!). The hire company gave me a wad of legalise so I pointed out i'd need a week just to read the small print; the reply was "Welcome to America".

Back
Top Bottom