Victory vanquished.

Saying they want to concentrate on Indian, I've never seen an Indian on the road ...

Yeah I just read this.

Polaris Industries is shutting down the Victory Motorcycles brand after 18 years in business. Polaris says it will assist dealers in liquidating their remaining inventory and will continue to produce parts for another 10 years to support Victory owners.

“This was an incredibly difficult decision for me, my team and the Polaris Board of Directors,” says Scott Wine, Polaris Industries chairman and chief executive officer. “Over the past 18 years, we have invested not only resources, but our hearts and souls, into forging the Victory Motorcycles brand, and we are exceptionally proud of what our team has accomplished. Since inception, our teams have designed and produced nearly 60 Victory models that have been honored with 25 of the industry’s top awards. The experience, knowledge, infrastructure and capability we’ve built in those 18 years gave us the confidence to acquire and develop the Indian Motorcycle brand, so I would like to express my gratitude to everyone associated with Victory Motorcycles and celebrate your many contributions.”

Polaris says Victory motorcycle sales peaked in 2012 but has steadily declined since. Victory sales represented only 3% of Polaris’ total sales revenue in 2015 with dealers on average only selling about 20 motorcycles a year. The brand has only drawn a profit in two of the last five years. Victory’s decline mirrored the rise of Indian Motorcycle which Polaris purchased in 2011. While Victory sales dropped, Indian’s sales have grown. Polaris sees greater growth potential in Indian, resulting in the decision to focus the company’s resources on a single motorcycle brand. Polaris says it will dedicate more money into research and development on Indian as well as its Slingshot brand.....

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactu...m_breaking&utm_source=V-twinforum.com20170109

I seldom see Victory's on the road but have been noticing Indians. Apparently Indian is doing better than they thought while Victory has been in decline. They can combine the best of Victory into Indian to broaden that line.

Saying they want to concentrate on Indian, I've never seen an Indian on the road ...

Friend of mine has one. Goes quite well. Weighs a ton. No ground clearance at all (5.3 inches with nobody on the bike)

It's a damn shame is what it is. I took a couple of test rides and in every way they are a far superior motorcycle to a Harley. Unfortunately so is a Honda :blast

It's a damn shame is what it is. I took a couple of test rides and in every way they are a far superior motorcycle to a Harley. Unfortunately so is a Honda :blast

Ah yes....the Vegas 8 Ball & the Hammer S if memory serves me correctly....;)

Back
Top Bottom