remapped ????

You could ask Engineer to read your ECU he says he can tell if its been remapped, that is if he is not too busy testing fuses

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

is there any way to tell if a bike has been remapped ? i have a 12 tc which seemed to go ok but not been on any other air cooled gs ,i have nothing to compare to. my mate has a gsa lc and performance wise no faster -should the new lc be a lot faster ???

Did you find out? I've a 2013 TC GSA and it pulls great at 4k revs with no flat spots; maybe mine has been done too but I don't know for certain, yet!

You could ask Engineer to read your ECU he says he can tell if its been remapped, that is if he is not too busy testing fuses

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Best to simply email Hilltop and ask them, I assume that he keeps records in case of any claims etc.

Although, I have found Geoff very helpful with advice etc, he "could" be reticent in giving info. You could be an insurer etc.

No 4k hole, likely to have been sorted by someone.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

The LC only gains over the TC when the bike is loaded up with luggage and passenger.
My TC with full Akra and PC had more off the line stomp than a LC

Mine with a Power Commander goes like stink with no flat spot at 4K to 5K revs. It also pulls smoothly from 2000 revs and will roll along to about 1600 without complaint though acceleration is lumpy from there. I avoid it because it can't do the engine bottom end any good.
When I first took it out with the PC installed I bounced it off the rev limiter in 3rd gear & nearly ***t myself.
By all accounts the remap is at least as good and you don't lose the O2 sensors.

Sent somehow.

As per Khulu, mine's a 2013 90th GSA. I've had it from new and apart from the usual servicing being carried out to the letter, it hasn't been touched and likewise I can't seem to find any flat spot around the 4k rev mark. It seems to pull cleanly and smoothly acorss the entire rev range. It's got around 16k miles on it now and runs better than it did 10k ago. I've been tempted with a 'Hilltopping', but would need to compare a 'back to back' run with a 'topped' one, to see if it would give me any real noticeable benefit. Everything is stock on mine, headers, can, cat, etc etc...

Roy.

As per Khulu, mine's a 2013 90th GSA. I've had it from new and apart from the usual servicing being carried out to the letter, it hasn't been touched and likewise I can't seem to find any flat spot around the 4k rev mark. It seems to pull cleanly and smoothly acorss the entire rev range. It's got around 16k miles on it now and runs better than it did 10k ago. I've been tempted with a 'Hilltopping', but would need to compare a 'back to back' run with a 'topped' one, to see if it would give me any real noticeable benefit. Everything is stock on mine, headers, can, cat, etc etc...

Roy.

Mine is all stock too and seeing as how I don't have any flat spot issues "if it aint broke don't fix it" applies!

Mine is all stock too and seeing as how I don't have any flat spot issues "if it aint broke don't fix it" applies!

You must be one of the (very) few who's not found the 4000 revs flat spot. Mine doesn't stall at that speed but it does feel like the brakes are on compared to either side. It's of course not "broken" - BMW programmed it like that. But if you want the bike to behave like their engineers intended, you'll need to sort out the weak air/fuel ratios. I have a Power Commander which works but is to be honest a workaround if not a bodge. The alternatives are a remap (Hilltop being the most experienced with these engines) or a lambda shifter AF-XIED is well discussed on this chat box.

is there any way to tell if a bike has been remapped ?

Does it rip your arms out of their sockets, push your eyes out of the back of your head? Does it make you feel truly awesomely alive, just like you've read it should?

thanks for all replies -still none the wiser - am happy with bike as it is -it runs fine for an old tractor but we all like things to run as they were made without restrictions-have had fast bikes thats why ive got the gs . you can spend time and money to get a bike faster -handle -stop better but then i could just buy a sports bike or bm xr ?? love the character of flat twins -it seems to get better with miles . its on 18k so just run in as it has stopped using oil and is smooth so wont mess with it -

I got fed up with stalling when hot hunting at low speeds and hesitant coming onto power. Sorting the fuelling improved all of that so much that the bike seemed to handle better. The extra power was a bonus I didn't expect.

Sent somehow.

Back
Top Bottom