remapped ????

tezz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
is there any way to tell if a bike has been remapped ? i have a 12 tc which seemed to go ok but not been on any other air cooled gs ,i have nothing to compare to. my mate has a gsa lc and performance wise no faster -should the new lc be a lot faster ???

if hilltop did it they will have a record on his computer just ring him with the reg number and he will tell you

tnx for replys -the bike seems to have no flatspots but not ridden a similar bike to compare -cant get hold of previous owners no to call-got bike from dealer and owner ex directory-have ridden a wc r 1200 r not a gs and that was a touch stronger low down and smoother but i like the the character of the tc -should the wc bike be noticably quicker??:nenau

The number of people who have had their bikes remapped would mean that there's a very good chance that it has been. There's a thread on this forum at the moment and I think there's about 30 of them have arranged to go for a group discount.
If there's no flat spot, you would notice it, then you've saved yourself £350.
Does it make it as good as a WC?
In my opinion, it would put it somewhere in between.
When I tried a TC at a dealer when they first came out in 2010, I thought it was wonderful. When I finally bought one two years ago, I thought I'd been sold a pup. It was 'orrible. I believe that the demonstrators were remapped.
I tried a WC a few months after I bought the TC and was tempted.
Instead, I tried to make mine like the one I remembered and started looking at re maps, etc.
A remap wasn't economical for me because of where I live and used a PCV for a while. Big improvement!
Ended up with AF XiED units. All of these things improve the fueling and it's a very emotive subject on this forum.
Details about all are available if you look.
Good sales ploy from BMW. If you want your tractor like, GS to run like our new WC, you're going to have to part with lots of money.
Now that I've got my TC running at least as well as that demo bike, there's no way I'm parting with 8k to change.
It sounds like you've been lucky with your purchase so just enjoy it and don't worry about it. The difference is minimal if yours has been done. WC owners have to say their's is much better because of the money they've spent!

Chances are it was oewned by someone on here, so you could try sticking the reg number on here to see if anyone knows the bike.:thumb

I thought the hex heads were only 229 kg wet and that lc was 238 kg so power to weight is there that bigger difference in real world riding ?

I thought the hex heads were only 229 kg wet and that lc was 238 kg so power to weight is there that bigger difference in real world riding ?

Yep, big difference.:thumb

Funny that I've never had a problem keeping up with my mates lc gsa so this big difference is only of any use if your name ends in Rossi , or Marquez .��

You need to go to 0 to 60 .com has o-60 times and quarter mile times of all bmw range amazing how much faster the lc is over the slow old bikes :beerjug:

I had a 10 plate hexhead that had been hilltopped- the performance was on a par with my standard gs lc.

I sold a 12 plate red GSA that was hill topped if this matches your bike pm me the reg you might have my old bike :D

Jeff did say that the TC once mapped makes the same at the back wheel as a LC so not too bad

not a red bike - this is a black -triple black .there the fastest colour ??????:D

Back
Top Bottom