Anyone got a 3D printer?

Malvern_Beemer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking to find a solution to a requirement I have to weatherproof a DVR display that I have mounted on the dash of my bike. The unit itself is not weatherproof. I was wondering whether it was possible to create a slip on cover made from soft(ish) translucent material using a 3D printer and would be grateful if anyone with knowledge of these machines could comment?
For further info please see the following thread: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/443126-Innovv-K1-Dual-Camera-Motorcycle-Dashcam

Attachments

• DaSH.jpg
    DaSH.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 392
If you send on a CAD file I can get it printed up in work

This is more tricky than you think...

1. As stated above, first you need someone to model the 'thing' for you... Maybe you can already do this?
2. you then need to choose a suitable material and there are several, but none (that i know of) which are translucent and flexible - btw, how flexible, soft or semi-rigid were you thinking? - so even that part needs some thought, based on what's available.
3. the cost is probably going to expensive, i mean in the region of £50-60 and upwards, maybe even one £100+ if you add vat & min charge. Depends on the bureau or if you have a mate with access to a printer (with the right materials!)

Maddening i know. But each step in itself is bit of a task. This will all change when the robots take over, but for now it's where we're at... :rob

Back
Top Bottom