RiDE magazine, January 2017, Castles to see special. Pyrenees / France route

Thank you for the clarification on the mileages and times, Simon.

Once again, thank you and the magazine's editorial staff for the touring support and ideas the magazine brings. I think they are honest enough reports and suggestions on what is reasonably easily possible, it's then up to punters to make what they will of it all. As regards the pricing of the magazine? I relate everything to the price of beer. At about a pint a month it's pretty good value, so what if it fluctuates by taking out a subscription in one quarter over another; the money saved or lost will not be life changing.

Here you will find all the routes and waypoints from this issue in one .gpx file if this needs to be put somewhere else please do so, the link to the file is below.

Thank you for that, Lee.

From a very quick look, the routes suggested by Simon W / RiDE, look fine.

One tip for anyone using a Mac. When downloading the file from Lee's Dropbox account, a Mac will sometimes add a .txt extension after the .gpx This renders it into a text file. If this happens, display the file in Finder. Then simply rename it, deleting the .txt extension. The file should then open in BaseCamp as normal.

What is this beer people keep on talking about !!!

It was only a comment, and not a criticism of the staff, more the bean counters.

Although the hints on how to download etc, is appreciated.

If the 'Special' or article is interesting enough, I'll buy the paper version as well. Cutting or tearing out the pages I want to keep, putting them in a cuttings folder. It's sometimes quicker than hunting through the electronic versions to find something maybe a year or more later. Putting the comments and heads-up on UKGSer also helps, as a search can turn them up.

That's a good idea, I've got many years of Ride magazines and fold down the corners of the pages I may want to refer to again, however, one still has to flick through the magazines. It would be really helpful if Ride could put an index on their website? I have dropped them a line in the past suggesting this. Hello Simon, from my favourite bike magazine!.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to say that thanks to this thread and also as I'm using the Ride route info for the Pyrenees, I've bought the magazine for the first time today.

And it's excellent!! Recommended.

Back
Top Bottom