New Seat for Wide Glide

Tricky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The planning phase started yesterday and is now nearly over. :bounce1

Destination Nordkapp. :thumb2

I have a Michelin map of Norway and thanks to Doris a good idea for the tent I will be taking.

I won't be asking Wapping for which road to take or for anything else that is not to be missed on the journey North. :D

My only dilemma now is the seat as I fancy something more comfortable than the stock item but not OTT as am not a fat arsed Yank. No offence meant to any Americans!

I quite like the look of the Roland Sands Boss Seat although it is a bit pricey. Anyone used one before?

Once I have decided on the seat then I will be all done. :thumb2

Enjoy your trip to Nordkapp. I was last there summer 2007. Don't speed down long hills as the police may be at the bottom.
I bought a reindeer skin from the local Sami people at a roadside stall - very warm and I needed it when camping at Nordkapp.
Fantastic scenery everywhere. :beerjug::beerjug:

I was last there summer 2007. Don't speed down long hills as the police may be at the bottom.

I will be on a Harley. :D

I was last in that part of the world in July 1984. Looking forward to going back. :thumb2

Attachments

• IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 205
Never saw the fun in going to the Article Circle by bike..in the cold.......... I flew.... much easier..... I prefer warm (go South) , when I'm on my bike.....:D

Attachments

• Polaris.jpg
    Polaris.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 204

Attachments

• Nordkapp Trip 2006 174.jpg
    Nordkapp Trip 2006 174.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 203
  • Nordkapp Trip 2006 123.jpg
    Nordkapp Trip 2006 123.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 203
  • Nordkapp Trip 2006 236.jpg
    Nordkapp Trip 2006 236.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Nordkapp Trip 2006 279.jpg
    Nordkapp Trip 2006 279.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 204
Can't offer an opinion on the seat, but I've fitted a couple of Roland Sands bits to my softail and the quality has been crap. Headlight bracket broke in under 12 months, and passenger footrest lasted just 5 months...

When you doing the Kapp? I'm going in September - not on the Harley but my 1150.

So was I! :beerjug::beerjug:

Great stuff. Love the photo of you in the kilt. Doris would certainly get the willies if he was dressed like that at Nordkapp. He doesn't like the cold you see. :rob

And it looks like you forgot the gazebo on that trip. Not insinuating that you carry a lot of shite on your bike however. :D

Great stuff. Love the photo of you in the kilt. Doris would certainly get the willies if he was dressed like that at Nordkapp. He doesn't like the cold you see. :rob

And it looks like you forgot the gazebo on that trip. Not insinuating that you carry a lot of shite on your bike however. :D

I was travelling light that trip as I'd just left the HOG rally at Killarney and camping gear takes up space!
Did you not notice I'd upgraded to Jesse GS panniers????

Don't Harley do a Badlander seat for the newer FXDWG ? :nenau

I had one on my old 93 FXDWG and it was fantastic (for the rider) with just enough pillion padding to strap a tent to :thumb

Don't Harley do a Badlander seat for the newer FXDWG ? :nenau

I had one on my old 93 FXDWG and it was fantastic (for the rider) with just enough pillion padding to strap a tent to :thumb

Just checked this out and they still do a Badlander seat for my bike.

It's also about £180 cheaper than the RS Boss seat too. Thanks for the heads up. :thumb2

Tricky, you need to get yourself an Electraglide for that trip, perfect :augie:D

Sorry Dave but you're wrong. :rob

I don't want to feel cosseted and smug by making such smooth and efficient progress as would be the case with an EG.

It's about getting a few flys in my teeth and blowing some cold wind up the trouser leg. :bounce1

It's about spending cold nights in a small tent with only a nice bottle of whiskey to keep one warm. :jager

I have unfinished business up there and need to do a big solitary road trip this year.

I am going to stop now as I'm starting to bore myself. :D

I had one of them....early '80's..... cheap and comfortable...... :p

Fuck me.....It is all becoming so fucking clear now, geeks and fucking wannabees at every fucking turn.....I am not sure that you lot are fucking worthy of a real bike and have merely fucking bought your way in to bikerdom.

I need to re-evaluate my association with such fucking tank top wearing wankers, I really do! It is like you are all fucking Twizz`s!!!!! Arrrggghhhhhh!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom