HID ballast boxes.

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a set of Hella micro lights on my 1150gsa which I bought at least over 10 years ago. The ballast size is fairly big at 3.5 x 3 x 1.5 inches.

Is it possible to buy newer (smaller) ballasts on their own from auto electrical stores to replace mine? If so, best place?

Also, as I have two Hella's at the front, is there a dual ballast available?

I have a set of Hella micro lights on my 1150gsa which I bought at least over 10 years ago. The ballast size is fairly big at 3.5 x 3 x 1.5 inches.

Is it possible to buy newer (smaller) ballasts on their own from auto electrical stores to replace mine? If so, best place?

Also, as I have two Hella's at the front, is there a dual ballast available?

I did a conversion on my VFR1200F last year and sourced the ballasts from eBay. Cost about £12 and worked without any issue.
They were recommended by a.n.other VFR member who had the same brand for years and kept swapping them to the new bike so he didnt have any issue regarding 'cheap items breaking after a few months'.
Judging by what you have said, i would say that they are still about the same size nowadays but you can get them with the built in igniter so no extra box hanging off. Hope this helps

Thanks Mr T.
I checked out ebay for ballasts and you're right, there are plenty to choose from. I also seen dual ballasts for sale.
Assuming all connections are the same, further investigations will begin Monday on ebay and other sites after this weekends rally up in Yorkshire.

Back
Top Bottom