New Honda CRF250 Rally.

Have already modified the rear tail/mudguard, as you can see, have a few other mods to do, basically for rider comfort, Fatbars and risers, barkbusters, heated grips and adjustable clutch and brake levers. Hoping an alloy sump guards will be available sometime soon, but all those things are just personal touches. The Rally is quite expensive for a 250, but a sizeable discount is possible and when you consider how much push bikes can be these days, it's well worth considering.

A few updates, Barkbusters, Renthals fatbars, bar risers, adjustable clutch, brake levers and phone mount for gps and OS maps 1:25k. Loving the bike on the B and C roads and hope to do some green lanes once it's run in. :bounce1

Oh, any advice with the OS map 1:25k, the app allows the phone to auto shut off, unlike other gps apps like tom tom etc. Does anybody know if it can be kept on all the time?

Sat on my dealers demo....nice wee bike. :thumb2 I've the Africa Twin booked in for its first big service next week and I'll probably have a few hours to kill, so a demo ride is in order. Preferably I'll take the new CB1100 out, but hopefully have time to fit in the 250.

Sat on my dealers demo....nice wee bike. :thumb2 I've the Africa Twin booked in for its first big service next week and I'll probably have a few hours to kill, so a demo ride is in order. Preferably I'll take the new CB1100 out, but hopefully have time to fit in the 250.

Out of the crate, the rear suspension is very soft, peload needs adjusting, but most dealers don't adjust it. Don't expect to be blown away by the power, it's not fast at all, but accept it for what it is, a 24hp 250 single, it's actually a very, very enjoyable bike to ride, just not fast. :thumb2

FYI. I just ordered replacement parts direct from Thailand for my CRF250L via Bikerzbits.com, ordered last Sunday and they were delivered on Thursday. Big saving over U.K. prices even with postage and no duty was charged. (Original grips LH and Throttle). Might be useful for Rally owners as well.

I've had one over a year, I've molested it now, put the cbr300 engine with ECU, solid bash plate the plastic one is no good to man or best, tail tidy makes the back end look like much better, cut the side plastics to make bash plate fit, for touring changed gearing to 15-40 I take the spare 14 front sprocket just for a better gearing option for off road when needed.
Motorways is comfortable now, I've ridden it all the way through Spain and Morocco and back no issues, the original tyres are ok I've now swapped them out for mitas e09 Dakar back mitas Army 644 front great combo, lights look good in daylight crap on the night so fitted spots,

I've had one over a year, I've molested it now, put the cbr300 engine with ECU, solid bash plate the plastic one is no good to man or best, tail tidy makes the back end look like much better, cut the side plastics to make bash plate fit, for touring changed gearing to 15-40 I take the spare 14 front sprocket just for a better gearing option for off road when needed.
Motorways is comfortable now, I've ridden it all the way through Spain and Morocco and back no issues, the original tyres are ok I've now swapped them out for mitas e09 Dakar back mitas Army 644 front great combo, lights look good in daylight crap on the night so fitted spots,

Useful report!
Looking for some time at either one of these or GS310 so good to get real experience.

I can see why you would consider a 310gs, there's a reveiw on YouTube where there's two rally raided bikes one's a 310gs the other cb500x, it was filmed around the trails in Northumberland both didn't fair that well,
If you are considering a crf look at changing the Ecu to the cbr250 one, it fetches the bike alive it's a straight swap, about £180, I found when I first bought it 6 gear was a cruise gear and the bike was sluggish till you hit 5000rpm,
Next year I'll be upgrading front back suspension if I have the finances.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I bought one in 2018 to replace my GSA1200 2013 model. Family life mean’t time was short for the bigger 1-2 week trips that GS’s need. The CRF is brilliant and has the advantage that around country lanes you can tackle the occasional off road opportunity that springs out! The engine feels unburstable and the quality of manufacture is very high for a bike that can be acquired for under £5k with some haggling. The tank range is nearly 200 miles and I get just over 90mpg albeit not really going above 60mph. Service intervals are 8k miles too. Always loved Bmw bikes and still do but for bullet-proof smaller bikes I think Honda have got it sussed. And for longer road trips I have a 300 Forza. Nippy, comfortable, underseat storage, phone charging in the glove box, cruise at 70-80mph in quiet comfort with the height adjustable screen! 80mpg+ And again it’s £5k, so you could get 2 bikes for less than a new basic GS 1200. All depends on your circumstances but the little Honda Rally can keep your toe in the dual sport water without feeling guilty you have a £15k bike in the garage that is hard to justify.

Back
Top Bottom