Am I the only one who hates the transmission?

Absolutely, red-lining in first or neutral is really not good for the engine!

And BMW recommend that you DO NOT change gear WITHOUT disengaging the clutch near the red-line in low gears. You can't get much lower than 1st. It can cause "a severe load-change reaction". Whatever that is.

I have no major issues with the gearshift but I do match the revs up and down. No fancy double de clutching just a blip on downshifts and upshift quite quickly. To fast will clunk too slow (like most people shift car gears) really crashes.

Sent using techie stuff

I have no major issues with the gearshift but I do match the revs up and down. No fancy double de clutching just a blip on downshifts and upshift quite quickly. To fast will clunk too slow (like most people shift car gears) really crashes.

Sent using techie stuff

Glad someone else knows how to change gear on the LC :)

I love my gearbox , had all sorts of bikes ranging from R1 to Ducati , had the 1000 XR on loan for a week and hated it , found it somewhat soulless and buzzy.
Anyway before I upset too many ill get my coat.........

GEARBOX ON LC

I have had two a 13 plate and a14 plate both didnt have a smooth gearchange ,now got R1200RS ,gearbox slightly better but not good ,Riding a MT09TRACER as well and you do not have to think about changing gear so easy and no clunks , but other the qualities if the GS/RS make up for the gearbox ,They are both so well planted and all singing and dancing except the gearchange !!:rob

Sent using techie stuff

Glad someone else knows how to change gear on the LC :)

Ok wise guys ... so how yer gonna double de clutch on a series gearbox then ..... :blast

I still regularly take second with a double de clutch in my car .... :thumb2

Incease revs in neutral with clutch released, as revs start to fall engage clutch and put into first gear. Nobody beyond 20ft will 'hear' the crunch.

Another extra brought to you for "free" by BMW.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Strictly speaking it is not possible to double declutch in a sequential gearbox as there is no neutral between the gears. But on downward changes a blip as you change to match engine to road speed smooths things nicely!

I love my gearbox , had all sorts of bikes ranging from R1 to Ducati , had the 1000 XR on loan for a week and hated it , found it somewhat soulless and buzzy.
Anyway before I upset too many ill get my coat.........

Just in case I look like someone who commenting with no reason ( new members) I have had 5 Gs bikes and they have all been great.
The gear box on the 2005 was great along with the 2010 , the gear box on the first 2013 lc was bad ( as far as I felt ) the 2015 better , the 2016/17 fine.
Must add even tho the box on the pre LC was better , the whole package on the lc makes the gearbox the last worry as the lc is so much better than the older bikes.
So all who read all the issues , remember the LC is a much better and greater package than the older bike ( GS or ADV) IMHO

Back
Top Bottom