Help needed to plot routes?

MotoGoLoco is a breeze to use for both Garmins and TomTom's alike, you could also grab some of the ride routes that Mr Wapping has posted links to a few times in this very section. www.motogoloco.com :)

Very good advice from Jersey GS, and others, it took me loads of trial,and error, but I got there in the end...:blast well worth persevering with, did a nine-day trip around Yorkshire, Lake District and north and South Wales, on preplanned route. Some might say a bit boring to have it preplanned, but it made it a lot less stressful, especially as SWMBO was riding pillion:D

Jolly good. Now that you've learnt how to create a long (9 day) route and used it successfully, everything will be much easier next time, trust me.

You have stuck with it, achieving what others say is all but impossible. Too often they give up. You didn't.

There were many times I wanted to. :D just trying to get maps updated now I found the other thread on here this morning... great way to kill the days of on the sick :thumby:

OK Chaps, I have managed to plot routes and send it to my nav v. I have dragged a route onto the desktop which shows an icon (vlc player) but I cannot do anything with it. I was hoping to forward it in an email for others to load onto their sat navs but it will not play when I click on the run icon. Any help out there? TA

Vlc is a media player so it won't open a .gpx file.
Did your PC ask you to choose which program to open it with?
Where have you dragged the route from?

Highlight your route. Click on file on the tool bar > export selected user data > save to desktop.

I use a Mac not a PC so unsure what your problem is but I have found this which may help
Click on the "Start" button in the Windows Taskbar, at the lower left of your screen.
Click "Default Programs" and the Default Programs Control Panel will open. This is where you can control which application launches automatically when you open a particular type of file.
Click "Associate a file type or protocol with a program." This opens a list of file types. Find the file type you want to disassociate from the VLC player. For example, if you don't want ".mp3" to open with VLC, click on that file type.
Click "Change Program." A list of currently installed programs will open. Pick the program you want to be the default for the selected file type. For example, you might choose Windows Media Player for .mp3 files. You must choose an alternative program or VLC will remain the default player.
Click "OK." Verify the change has occurred by double-clicking any file of the type that you modified. The file should open automatically in the application you just assigned.
Repeat steps three through five for each file type that you want to disassociate VLC from.

Is VLC set to be your default media player? iand46 ^^^ got there before me

If any of that doesn't work uninstall VLC

Back
Top Bottom