Route Des Grande Alpes paper map

AlanAce1967

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm off in June to do Route Des Grande Alpes and I'm looking for a paper map but can't seem to find one, done most of my planning on internet etc but I'm a bit of a collector and love paper maps ! Searched Amazon and eBay but no joy. Does anyone have one or know where i can get one ?
Also if anyone else is going this June (24th leaving UK) give me a shout, could do with a riding buddy even if its only part of the trip.

I have one, I am away from home until Friday, I will dig it out when I return.

It has RDGA on one Side when opened out, and the rest of the Alps on the other.

It also has other highlighted routes, it comes with a booklet in French, but if you can read a map understanding French is not required.

Quite cheap from Amazon iirc

There used to be one but I think it's out of print.

Arsey took some pictures of his and posted them up in a thread.

Failing that, there are several good websites with maps.... but it's near enough a straight line, so any half decent regional map will do.

http://www.moveyouralps.com/en/route-des-grandes-alpes

Or have a gander at:

https://www.louis-moto.co.uk/fuer-die-motorradreise/tourentipps/europa/etappe/suedfrankreich

Failing anything better, here's a postcard with the route. It's actually pretty good:

k5MM7nPG0rmXJw-1oTIXW5S8zc8.jpg

when I did the route this year, i found a much simpler(and free:thumby:) one in a tourist information centre out there, I found that no matter what maps I looked at it just didn't appear to be an easy route to sort of follow on the map:blast, and in the end I just sed fuk it, iv got a starting point and a direction, ill worry about it when I'm out there, and I'm glad I did, because first day in thonen, straight into the tourist info. and hey presto free a4 map which gives all the tourist routes in different colours and all the "cols", which in turn made it a very easy route to follow, but like I say once I had this:thumby:

There is a sat nav route on the ride mag web site if thats any good.

I have one but not for sale as I will be using it again , even though I know the route backwards . It's out of print , like Whopping said but I could always scan it and email you , but would obviously be a bit messy .

This is the beastie

bf1f76eeafcb1c0c50607d89db058a4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd start looking on French e-bay or on some of the dedicated secondhand book / map sellers' sites. It's been out of print for some time.

Failing that, your regional Michelin maps should do. The north south route is well known, just fill in the excursions from the paper maps.

Last edited:
I have one but not for sale as I will be using it again , even though I know the route backwards . It's out of print , like Whopping said but I could always scan it and email you , but would obviously be a bit messy .

This is the beastie

bf1f76eeafcb1c0c50607d89db058a4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus one, i bought mine from Amazon, sorry not for sale but this the one you need.

I scanned the whole map last year and then painstakingly glued it back together on my mac....

DOWNLOAD the map HERE

It's a 12Mb JPEG but is pretty good quality if I do say so myself..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 10.33.21.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 10.33.21.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 2,870

Back
Top Bottom