Southern Spain and Morocco Bike Transport

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Myself and Skygod (Gary) been looking at the best way to get some bikes down to Morocco in the spring.

So, I've been chatting to one of my truck customers who runs trucks to and from Gibralter on a weekly basis. He will supply me with a dedicated truck and trailer to transport the bikes to and from Gibralter and times to suit us. They will be fully insured for the transport and it will be a UK based and registered truck with a British driver. It might even be me at the wheel

They will be delivered to a warehouse in La Linea del la Conception on the Spanish / Gibralter border and reloaded from the same place and transit it time 4 days each way.

It looks like we will have space in the trailer for a few bikes and the cost per bike will be £650.00 all in. For this, you just turn up in Pershore, Worcs with your bike and all your gear and I will personally load the trailer using basically the same method as I use in my USA bound containers and it's a system that works well. I will also be in charge of unloading and reloading in Spain. You then get a cheap flight to Gibralter or Malaga and collect your bike

For this year, the trailer will be unloaded in La Linea on Wednesday 19th April 2017 so the bikes will be available any time after that. I will reload it on Monday 8th May which will give you a good 2 weeks in Morocco and Southern Spain.

If anyone wants to book a space on the trailer send me a PM :thumb

That seems a good proposition but a bit too early in the year for me . May it be repeated later on ?

Well done Bilko, this is needed. Great service to have. I'm surprised we dont see more UK trucks doing it. The Irish guys "Overlanders" cant keep up with the demand. They use custom made frames for the bikes on the trucks. For Spain they deliver to an industrial estate 200M from arrivals in the airport. If you want the private telephone number & name of the lady that owns the warehouse at Malaga airport let me know.

http://www.overlanders.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Overlanders-2017-Transport-Calendar-211016.pdf

And their web site is www.overlanders.ie to see their Touratech shop.

Well done Bilko, this is needed. Great service to have. I'm surprised we dont see more UK trucks doing it. The Irish guys "Overlanders" cant keep up with the demand. They use custom made frames for the bikes on the trucks. For Spain they deliver to an industrial estate 200M from arrivals in the airport. If you want the private telephone number & name of the lady that owns the warehouse at Malaga airport let me know.

http://www.overlanders.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Overlanders-2017-Transport-Calendar-211016.pdf

And their web site is www.overlanders.ie to see their Touratech shop.

Thanks mate, I'll be in touch:thumb2

In response to some enquiries, the bikes will be loaded on pallets and securely strapped. All your personal clothes, riding gear and luggage can be loaded into the trailer with your bike:thumb

Attachments

• Bikes on pallet.jpg
    Bikes on pallet.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 404
  • Bikes on pallet1.jpg
    Bikes on pallet1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 420
Hi Chris, it makes sense to fly into Gib as it's only a 200 yards walk to the Spanish border from the airport, and then a 5 Euro taxi ride to pick the bikes up in La Linea. Easy Jet and Monarch and British airways fly into Gib from Manchester , Gatwick and Heathrow at the moment. In the Summer they maybe another departure airport added.....:thumb2

Hi Chris, it makes sense to fly into Gib as it's only a 200 yards walk to the Spanish border from the airport, and then a 5 Euro taxi ride to pick the bikes up in La Linea. Easy Jet and Monarch and British airways fly into Gib from Manchester , Gatwick and Heathrow at the moment. In the Summer they maybe another departure airport added.....:thumb2

Also for anyone in the South West, South Wales etc. don't forget about Bristol to Gib on Easyjet - not everyday of the week but I think it's Thurs & Sundays in winter and maybe another day too from Feb/Mar onwards.

Back
Top Bottom