What is my F800GS worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm selling my F800GS and moving to the Dark side :D :rolleyes:

So question Is what is it worth ?

Thought I would as here for advice as to what to put it up for sale for in the For sale section?

Here is some details of my Cherished BMW F800GS I might of missed off something but I just wanted to get an Idea of value to know what will go towards my next ride!

:rob Ridden like an old lady :eek:

Much loved, kept in the Garage on grey matching carpet and sprinkled with TLC.:thumby:

Fully loaded additional items if required all ready to “Go and do one”.:D

Dark Magnesium Matt Metallic (Grey) Registered 2009 (58 Plate).

MOT’d until December 2017
Present mileage 31,600

BMW stamped service History:
2009 running in check – 697 miles
23-06-10. 11,801 milkes
14-12-10. 17,131 miles
15-10-11. 19,965 miles
10-10-12. 21,248 miles
15-10-13. 22,833 miles
27-06-15. 27,833 miles
09-07-16. 29,823 miles
2015 – new chain and sprockets

Standard with goodies::D
BMW- Switchable ABS, On-board computer, centre and side stand, heated grips, standard F800 screen, L.E.D super bright indicators.
H.I.D. headlamp (35W white) L.E.D white side light bulb. Les wassall
Booted with Michelin Anakee 3’s – not a year old aprox, 2000 miles on them
Great suspension :thumb2
The bike has Nitron Adventure rear shock with Remote Preload adjuster
Front forks uprated with, Hyperpro progressive fork springs.
Dongle fitted to bike, trickle charger
2 seats Touratech (TT) high – Gel, comfort Kahedo seat or the sculptured Sargent seat. Also lamb fleece seat cover to suite you sir.
Standard F800 GS screen clear and black screen and – (yes 3 screens)
Touratech desierto – rally fairing / tinted screen, with tilt and height change

Fat foot for side stand by Alt rider
Standard BMW silver end can and – Akrapovic end can BMW part coded

Luggage
The two Ignition keys and the plastic spare are coded to panniers and top box
BMW vario top box rack, and top box. With decal- sticker (if not required they peel off, protectors is what they are) key coded to ignition, also Givi top box rack.
Vario – rack extender- Ali, black RR (perfect fit for a Krieger US10) design by Rugged Roads. Possibly the only one in the world, great camping addition.
BMW aluminium panniers and Rack with grab rails silver. With various protection/sticker – decals (again peel off easy enough)
Givi small Tank Bag and givi spider ring and quick release to attach neatly to tank.

More :D

Rear number plate splash guard – black Rugged Roads, (RR)
Rear ABS sensor guard – black RR
Radiator guard - black RR
Fog/ cloud lights Micro DE les wassal
Fog / cloud, Light bar and light guards – black RR
LED spot lights fitted in 2015 and new battery by Chris of this Parish (C T motorcycle services)
Regulator rectifier guard – black RR
Head lamp Guard – black RR
Rear brake fluid reservoir guard – black
Sat Nav mount. - RR designed - black
Crash bars – black - Adventure spec
BMW – bash plate- sump guard - black
Front stainless steel Pivot pegz
Rear pillion stainless steel pegs TT
TT. Gear lever extender
BMW scot oiler and Lube.
Rear machine art Mud sling.
Front fender extender- nippy norman.
See more Mirror extenders – TT
Instrument panel with additional live power socket TT
Windscreen extender spoiler TT

Some pictures in this link the last 3 pics on a trip last September 2016 shows additional LED spotlights, tank bag and top box rack.

Oh and a Haynes Manuel.. :thumby:

http://deanfleet.smugmug.com/F800-GS/n-fsLPjL

Noooooooooooooooooooo :eek:

You'll be sorryyyyyyyy

GLWS Dean

SteveT

:cool:

What a great fully loaded bike, would be a shame to let it go with all those extras and what you have done on it. As always it would be better to strip it back to standard and make the cash on the accessories. If you go this way I would certainly take a couple off your hands. Particularly one of the seats and that desierto screen, GLWS, not sure how much it would stand at with the extras.

What a great fully loaded bike, would be a shame to let it go with all those extras and what you have done on it. As always it would be better to strip it back to standard and make the cash on the accessories. If you go this way I would certainly take a couple off your hands. Particularly one of the seats and that desierto screen, GLWS, not sure how much it would stand at with the extras.

Thanks

I will let you know if parts become available :D:thumb2

Fantastic well equipped bike but as said the extras have more value sold separately... but I reckon about 5k based on a standard bike with a few extras say a screen/panniers etc being around the 4k mark. You could just put it on eBay as a classified ad with best offer (cuts out most of the fckheads) with what your hoping for and see what response you get.

AL

Fantastic well equipped bike but as said the extras have more value sold separately... but I reckon about 5k based on a standard bike with a few extras say a screen/panniers etc being around the 4k mark. You could just put it on eBay as a classified ad with best offer (cuts out most of the fckheads) with what your hoping for and see what response you get.

AL

Thanks Al,

I had not considered Ebay at all- and thanks for the figures :D :thumby:

Or, you could do a bit of work yourself and check the BMW dealer network,MCN and Autotrader and see what comparable bikes are on sale for. Decide if yours is better/worse and adjust you asking price accordingly. Your original post reads like a for sale advert save for a price: go the extra mile, add some numbers and move it to the for sale section where you could have posted it two days ago.
Alan R

Or, you could do a bit of work yourself and check the BMW dealer network,MCN and Autotrader and see what comparable bikes are on sale for. Decide if yours is better/worse and adjust you asking price accordingly. Your original post reads like a for sale advert save for a price: go the extra mile, add some numbers and move it to the for sale section where you could have posted it two days ago.
Alan R

Thanks, Alan - sound advice :beerjug:

Yes I will go the extra mile into the for sale section and it will go up for sale on the forum before elsewhere, I will look at the MCN, Auto trader ect. I just thought a third fourth and forum input would help achieve a fair price that's all I will be asking. Also Its a heads up for anyone watching the post whom may be interested :D

PM's welcomed :beerjug:

If it helps you, I put my F800GS on the 'bikes for sale' on here the day before yesterday

My bike is a 2011, 41,000 miles and is probably nowhere near as pampered as your love, and I have had no responses at all so far.

My price is £4500 and I'm open to consider any offers.

So you are right to try MCN for a start as the coverage is massive, and it is for folk who are looking to buy.

Good luck with you sale :thumb

So you are right to try MCN for a start as the coverage is massive, and it is for folk who are looking to buy.

Good luck with you sale :thumb

When I return from Holiday, I will put it up for sale here first, just using auto trader, and MCN for a pricing guide.

If no takers probably Ebay :D

it will sell one day, good luck with yours :beerjug:

Some thoughts on a fair price for a good bike.

Thanks for the advice posted, I have done some research as of for sale now and its dam confusing and off putting :nenau
Some even advertise as fully loaded, Yeah right :rolleyes:

Looking at auto trader the F800 GS only one 09 model, very low mileage but £5,500... really :eek:

Next up MCN a bit later models granted but again north of 5K :blast

All a fair bit of wedge :nenau It doesn't help with nearly all, or all adds as trade deals, surely most want a good bike at a fair price..

Even Gum tree what few are there are 4 something.

UKGSER's is a good place you can almost touch the bike :thumbs: as in you get more to look at more to ask. sometimes people know people who no people who know the bike which can only be a good thing. I will put mine up in the relevant for sale and wanted section here. Soon, watch this space :D

I realise that a few have glanced at this post perhaps some of the 523 are not members. But surely for the price of membership so small it may be but lots of gains you get to see the for sales in detail and send the good old personal message :toungincheek

Its always difficult when a bike has a lot of extras and striking the right price, as suggested by a few it would be an idea to sell the bike as standard but with some great goodies (have you seen the cost of some of those goodies, even the TT desierto screen :eek:) then add or detract to suit. :cool:

So based on my research and as to the above I'm thinking 3K something :nenau :D:thumbs:

For sale section to follow - soon I'sh

There are some extras that I have missed off so will possibly add them :D:D:D:D:D :beerjug:

Last edited:
Depends realy, i fancy a 09 one an 12 one bith with good few extras under 16k miles

But one 5k other is 6.5k

Way too dear, wanted a 990 after sold 950, loads up but like f800 none selling

They can ask all they want but most wont sale

Honest bike at fair price (not necessarily cheap) will sel fast

because it's worth it.

After careful thought and research I have come up with the figures of what I think my bike is worth. I do not want to break down the bike as I feel it is a great set up

So Price for all above i listed previously but with the standard can and 1 seat of your choice = £3,800.00 ovno

With the standard and akropovic can and both touratech and Sargent seats (All) =£4,100.00 ovno

If any one is interested it is in the For sale section you saw it here first: :D :thumb

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/448092-BMW-F800-GS-2009-For-Sale

I'm moving to the triple dark side so I need the funds and space in my TLC parlour :D :beerjug:

Dean did it go with both seats ? If not I would be interested in the surplus one if you have it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom