Spark Plugs etc 2012 RT

Edmund Kean

Reaction score
Last week I called a couple of BMW dealers to get prices for a forthcoming 12K service. Along with the usual fluids and a filter, I was advised new spark plugs were a part of the schedule (according to mileage). Wouldn't mind reading the consensus on that please; bike starts and runs fine.

Also I was advised that valve clearances would be checked; again a consensus of opinion on this would be good to read.

Thanks in advance

Ed

Last week I called a couple of BMW dealers to get prices for a forthcoming 12K service. Along with the usual fluids and a filter, I was advised new spark plugs were a part of the schedule (according to mileage). Wouldn't mind reading the consensus on that please; bike starts and runs fine.

Also I was advised that valve clearances would be checked; again a consensus of opinion on this would be good to read.

Thanks in advance

Ed
Opinion is not really what you need ... what is in the schedule would be a better question.
My bike (LC) "required" both at 12K service - plugs fitted , valves checked ... were Ok (as most will be)
... almost as "crazy" as brake fluid change at 6K service

Back
Top Bottom