BMW Warranty

You read it wrong, like I did a while back too. Market value of bike or up to £1000 whichever is greater. So bike is greater value!

So if the bike is only worth £800 then they would only pay £1000 for parts.

Doh, thank you! I'm clearly having a brain freeze day lol.

Whilst I'm here then is there anything I need to be aware of when buying the extended warranty... Annual v monthly, excess v no excess etc. Is there better provided elsewhere?
The help you guys provide is really appreciated!!
Thank you...

I went with Monthly so I could stop it whenever I want. I'd like to know if I could stop it for a few months if I wasn't planning on riding the bike and then just continue later?

I went with Monthly so I could stop it whenever I want. I'd like to know if I could stop it for a few months if I wasn't planning on riding the bike and then just continue later?

You can't and if you pay monthly then the Extended Warranty is non transferrable to a new keeper

Whilst I'm here then is there anything I need to be aware of when buying the extended warranty... Annual v monthly, excess v no excess etc. Is there better provided elsewhere?
The help you guys provide is really appreciated!!
Thank you...

It's your call but I doubt you will find a better supported Extended Warranty for your BMW anywhere :comfort

You can't and if you pay monthly then the Extended Warranty is non transferrable to a new keeper

The new keeper can pay for his own warranty!
So I can't stop it and start it again? Don't think it mentions that in the T&C's?
What about servicing, it just says in the T&C's to service your bike as per the manufacturers schedule, is that every 12 months then?

The new keeper can pay for his own warranty!

Indeed they can but just not on your bike which may well persuade any potential purchaser not to buy yours over one that has the remainder of a 12 month policy

So I can't stop it and start it again?

No you can't

Don't think it mentions that in the T&C's?

You are correct. It doesn't but neither does it advise you to drain all the oil out of your engine and bounce the fucker off the rev limiter for 10 mins to see what happens?

What about servicing, it just says in the T&C's to service your bike as per the manufacturers schedule, is that every 12 months then?

Annually or 6000 miles as per the manufacturers service schedule :thumb2

You are correct. It doesn't but neither does it advise you to drain all the oil out of your engine and bounce the fucker off the rev limiter for 10 mins to see what happens?

:jes:jes:jes

Very good, but small print in warranties doesn't work like that. If it is part of their policy not to allow you to stop the monthly and then restart it would say so.

And why couldn't a purchaser of mine take out his own monthly warranty on the bike?

You don't have to take the pay monthly option to be able to "stop" the warranty. I sold my K1600 in Dec having renewed the warranty in Oct with an annual payment. I received a full pro-rated refund; excellent service!

You don't have to take the pay monthly option to be able to "stop" the warranty. I sold my K1600 in Dec having renewed the warranty in Oct with an annual payment. I received a full pro-rated refund; excellent service!
That info in particular is good to know...

Very good, but small print in warranties doesn't work like that. If it is part of their policy not to allow you to stop the monthly and then restart it would say so.

Ask them the question ...... I know what the answer will be :rolleyes:

And why couldn't a purchaser of mine take out his own monthly warranty on the bike?

They could, but if the buyer wanted a BMW branded warranty it would cost him/her to have the bike checked over by a motorrad dealer prior to Mondial taking on the risk ;)

Back
Top Bottom