recommend me a top box

I have decided I can't live with the BMW vario topbox (which I bought new :blast). Its just too small. I think the whole "expandablity" thing looks rather cleverer than it actually it.

Any recommendations? I was thinking. GIVI TREKKER CASE 58L

givi_trekker_outback_58_top_case_L.jpg

You planning on bring extra sarnies on the trip then Jimbo??

That looks like a feckin inflatable liferaft on the back of your bike! :eek:

I must admit the picture doesn't do it justice and it does look oversize, but actually it's not that unsightly, it looks much better in the flesh and is also a popular choice as earlier posts show.

I must admit the picture doesn't do it justice and it does look oversize, but actually it's not that unsightly, it looks much better in the flesh and is also a popular choice as earlier posts show.

yea you keep telling yourself that:comfort:D

mDHGcO8.jpg

Kappa KGR46 on the back of my Hexhead. It's Kappa's version of the Givi TRK46 Trekker (sister company) it doesn't have the hinged flap at the front.

The white & red reflective is just tape that I put on. The box is black with a silver aluminium panel on the lid.

Great box and mounts on Givi's MonoKey racks.

Just fitted a 58 Outback Trekker on my 1200GS using the aluminium rack.
Had the Vario on my list too.
I was worried about the size but it looks fine on the bike.
No way too big looking and surprisingly well made.
Extremely happy with my choice.
Went for a fast spin this evening to check stability. No Problems.
There is a new one out AFAIK
Google Givi Trekker Dolomiti 46 but I rather the look of the 58.

I have a Trekker 52....as previous comments it's great...2 helmets go in upright so no bashing about of the bluetooth intercoms:beerjug:

I have the 58ltr Trekker with BMW ally panniers. You cannot hinge open the panniers as they hit the underside of the top box. Saying that, I just release both catches on the pannier and place the lid on the seat.
It does look a tad unwieldy without the panniers, but ok with them on.
It takes two helmets plus loads of other stuff too.

I'm happy with mine.............. recommended !
Ditto for us. Great for the ferry, overnight bag out, two lids in.

I'm not a fan of the top box, but succumbed recently for the sake of convenience. Had the SW Motech Matt Black 38 litre Top Box for my Triple Black from those nice chaps in Swinton at Adventure Bike Warehouse.

If I need to take that much stuff, I'll take the bloody car!

Back
Top Bottom