Not long Now

Ringmaster999

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Popped in to my dealers today and my 2017 XR SE Sport is a week 3 build week 6 delivery and in my garage for March 1st:D I just hope I like the New for 2017 Ocean Blue in Matt finish as I have not seen it in the flesh yet:eek:

After several boxers, GSA, RT's, NineT with just a brief romance with two K1300S in between I'm looking forward to a silky fast revving four again:D:D

Congratulations, you're gonna love it.:thumb

You'll love it. Can't wait to ride mine properly as soon as the roads dry up. I recomend a Hilltop to make it even better than how it arrives

s1000xr

you will love it just took mine in to williams manchester for an 18000 mile service (the big one)i have been loaned a new gs i had a few over 8 years with bmw no going back even decent for touring if you dont mind the chain,awesome bike :thumby:

Yes I'm looking forward to it guys and I'm sure I will enjoy the upright position and power combination:thumb2:thumb2

you will love it just took mine in to williams manchester for an 18000 mile service (the big one)i have been loaned a new gs i had a few over 8 years with bmw no going back even decent for touring if you dont mind the chain,awesome bike :thumby:

Please will you tell us the cost of the 18k service. I understand this includes valve clearance check/ re-shim where needed and the fork oil changed.

18000 mile

service yes it does include valve check if any need reshimming its extra,oil and filter air filter,fork oil spark plugs,i got quoted 605 pounds but in january williams had a 20 percent off deal on servicing so i got a quote of 485 pounds still alot of money thou.pius haveing the upgrade done on the handlebars to reduce the vibes on the warranty.

service yes it does include valve check if any need reshimming its extra,oil and filter air filter,fork oil spark plugs,i got quoted 605 pounds but in january williams had a 20 percent off deal on servicing so i got a quote of 485 pounds still alot of money thou.pius haveing the upgrade done on the handlebars to reduce the vibes on the warranty.

Great. Thanks for that. Do you know if they are doing the handlebar upgrade on all XR's or only if owners complain?

Great. Thanks for that. Do you know if they are doing the handlebar upgrade on all XR's or only if owners complain?

You have to ask your dealer for it, and they'll do it.:thumb

I've been offered a deal to trade my 2015 registered XR (EU3) for a 2017 EU4 XR. The differences are negligible, but the EU3 value is only going to go one way now. I need to decide whether to get another XR now, or get something else (maybe an R9T of some sort) then run that for a couple of years until the XR receives a major refresh.

nutty is right

i just mentioned the vibes and levi said she will get it sorted on the service,just for your interest i dropped my bike off this morning at 9 they said it takes about 4 and a half hours todo so went back at 4 oclock it wasnt ready levi seems to think after chatting to the mechanic doing the job bmw have underestimated the hours to do the work quoted so picking it up thursday now so lumberd with a 2016 gs :blast

You have to ask your dealer for it, and they'll do it.:thumb

I've been offered a deal to trade my 2015 registered XR (EU3) for a 2017 EU4 XR. The differences are negligible, but the EU3 value is only going to go one way now. I need to decide whether to get another XR now, or get something else (maybe an R9T of some sort) then run that for a couple of years until the XR receives a major refresh.

Thanks for that. I love the XR but worry about my license and miss the good points of my GS which I only sold because I loathed the gearbox.

I will probably change it to another GS as soon as I'm absolutly certain the gearbox issue has been dealt with.

Congrats - for me this is the most complete bike ever (in terms it does everything that I want to do, and does it exceptionally)

You'll be stunned by just how good the XR is in the real world :)

Have to agree, best all rounder ever but my license does get a bit nervous sometimes.:yikes

got it back

after the 18000 mile service and its good to have the power back had the vibe upgrade done and to be honest i cant feel an improvement so will probably buy some heavier end weights:blast

Back
Top Bottom