Fly and ride Norway

ThorH

Reaction score
Great news, EuroBikeTrans will be running a weekly transport between Manchester and Oslo this summer! That means you can fly in on a cheap flight with Norwegian or RyanAir and spend your entire vacation here – no more boring and time consuming transport!

I would like to gauge the interest for guided group rides. (Hope that's ok, no commercial activities yet. Will get back to an ad if/when.) If you could be interrested, let me know what kind of trip you would like. One or two weeks. Pavement or gravel? Tent, cabin or hotel? Etc, etc.

More details please. Will the bikes go by road or by shipping container?

I have no affiliations with EuroBikeTrans, so please head over to their website for all the details. I believe it is by truck, using custom made steel pallets and shrink wrap.

You dont need to go to Nordkapp to have a good time......

We've been providing professional motorcycle shipping services to southern Europe for over 12 years, but 2 years ago we started thinking about Scandinavia and that's when we started talking to Thor Hammer for the first time (what a fantastic name for a Viking Biker..) and he recommended some great routes and we have since been on 2 x 2 week fact finding tours, in 2015 and last year. I have to say Norway is one of the best places I have been on two wheels. So, we thought that since it doesn't look likely that any passenger ferries will start to provide a service into Bergen again, we should offer a service to UK GSers (and other lesser mortals) to get their bikes up to Norway and back, then they can spend the whole of their holiday up there, rather than half of their holiday riding there and back.... Anyway, where Thor Hammer comes into this is that he wants to offer tour guiding and route planning which we would highly recommend to ensure that you get the most out of your time in Norway, he knows places that just aren't on maps.... Norway has everything that you dream about, sublime twisty tarmac, easy gravel (plenty of that on accessible forestry land and hydro electric service roads) or more extreme off road if that's what you want. Plus there are more reindeer than cars which is not always such a good thing when they come darting across the road in front of you - but hey whats good for David Attenborough is good enough for me! Call us if we can be of assistance. Safe riding all

It IS a fantastic country to ride ,,, I hope this is commercial success .
Been all the way to the top twice , but it is ( with no ferries ) a long way to get there :thumb2

It IS a fantastic country to ride ,,, I hope this is commercial success .
Been all the way to the top twice , but it is ( with no ferries ) a long way to get there :thumb2

I agree with your comments and have also done it (when there was a ferry to Stavanger).
It does look like a great service, especially if you live in easy reach of the depot.
However by the time I, or you, ride down to Manchester we'd be quicker to continue on to mainland Europe and ride up to Norway ourselves.
Don't get me wrong, I have to desire to spend more time riding on seriously congested English roads than necessary but my holiday stints are valuable and I want to ride as much as possible when on a trip. :thumb:thumb

Hi
Did thess transfers and tbe guided toirs run this year and what was the cost of each?
Thanks

I don't know how many used the transfer service. I did not get enough interest to put on a group ride this year, but I am still open to doing it next year. So just send me a pm!

Back
Top Bottom