Thinking about a R9T but which one?

A mate just bought a used R-Nine T that has an LED stop/tail lamp on it the size of a £1 coin

It's fooking bright mind :eek:

Hi Leasky - really nice bike! Considering an R nineT myself although the choice is getting more complicated with BMW seemingly drip feeding new variants all the time. Just interested in what made you choose the version you did in the end? I haven't test ridden any yet but wondered if you actually noticed much difference on the road or was more down to aesthetics and styling? Have to say they look great on photo's but stunningly awesome in the flesh.

Hi Leasky - really nice bike! Considering an R nineT myself although the choice is getting more complicated with BMW seemingly drip feeding new variants all the time. Just interested in what made you choose the version you did in the end? I haven't test ridden any yet but wondered if you actually noticed much difference on the road or was more down to aesthetics and styling? Have to say they look great on photo's but stunningly awesome in the flesh.

I was looking for a "Sport" version so as to have the high level exhaust and the brushed tank and I was happy enough with the package which the dealer was offering.

I haven't had it out much this week but it's a hoot to ride :thumb2

A mate just bought a used R-Nine T that has an LED stop/tail lamp on it the size of a £1 coin

It's fooking bright mind :eek:

That'll be the Wunderlich Devils Eye rear stop and tail light, near bought one myself but decided on the small LED bar from them instead..:cool:

Have you ever been pulled with that plate, Chris? I'd like a black plate on the triple black, but not if I get pulled over every 5 minutes!
Hi Rich, nope, never and ridden the bike through London on many occasions. I've also been in front of a traffic unit who pulled up next to me at a set of lights and commented on how much they liked the loo of the bike...:thumb2 They're not all bad, most of em are petrol heads, the same as all of us!!!

I'm liking that rear view! Which tail light and indicators are they? Looks great.
The rear light is the Wunderlich rear strip style LED light you can get it here:

http://www.nippynormans.com/r-nine-...d-rear-mount-number-plate-conversion-r-nine-t

Expensive but includes a side number plate relocation kit and everything needed to fit it:thumb2 The indicators are from Rizoma, also expensive but they also have stop and tail light capability as well so you could ditch the rear LED strip light if you wanted to. I like the rear LED Strip so have that as tail light only. The Rizoma's are indicators and stop lights and work very well..:green gri

Got the Rizoma's from here:

http://www.moorespeedracing.co.uk/r...-club-s-led-indicator-integral-stoplight.html

:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

g\s urban

so i like the looks of the new g\s urban... just a couple of things i would like to know, has anybody fitted a center stand to a r9t. i would think the frames are the same, other thing how makes the best after market bits.... i wait for your replys

Unit Garage, Rizoma and Fancy Bike Thing. It's all over priced but everything else is tat

Oooh I forgot RSD (Roland Sands Design)but their customer service is truly shocking, they are doing you you a favour by selling to you it appears.

Zard have the best intake out there for a 9T and some great exhausts.

Also some great exhausts from SPARK.

No offence to anyone who has one, the high level akrapovic makes less power and torque than the stock can (also akrapovic) and every man and his dog has one. I flick between my Unit Garage and my Stock with Rizoma tips. The stock actually sounds nicer with the baffles out than the unit garage to.

Managed to get the bike out today and got a couple of hundred miles done in all 4 seasons. It's the first proper run I have had her on and albeit the roads were wet in most of the places and greasy in the rest of the places, she handled very well and felt very nimble.

I was able to get a Monza cap fitted too :thumb2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 494
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 574
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 550
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 508
Oooh I forgot RSD (Roland Sands Design)but their customer service is truly shocking, they are doing you you a favour by selling to you it appears.

Zard have the best intake out there for a 9T and some great exhausts.

Also some great exhausts from SPARK.

No offence to anyone who has one, the high level akrapovic makes less power and torque than the stock can (also akrapovic) and every man and his dog has one. I flick between my Unit Garage and my Stock with Rizoma tips. The stock actually sounds nicer with the baffles out than the unit garage to.

You're the very man to help me, please.

I took my wife's '13 GS into Inverness Motorrad where it was being picked up to go to Norwich (sold to a guy from this forum) and, as I had time to spare, I saw a '15 R Nine T for sale with 3500 miles on the clock. It was more than I'd like to pay so, while I had a coffee, he sharpened his pencil and I rode it home! Much to my wife's surprise / shock / horror!
I notice it no side stand so some kind of support will be required for rear wheel removal. The horn's also shite!

So, I'm asking, as an owner, for your recommendations on what would be the "best" additions / changes - louder horn (mounted somewhere); centre stand or similar; etc. etc.

I'd appreciate your comments, please.

Ta,

Iain

Back
Top Bottom