Thinking about a R9T but which one?

NO Side stand ??? id be asking the dealer for one of them to be put on the bike ..didnt it go through the rigorous 99 point check over ? how was it stood up in the dealers ?

I'm gonna hazard a guess at no Centre stand

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NO Side stand ??? id be asking the dealer for one of them to be put on the bike ..didnt it go through the rigorous 99 point check over ? how was it stood up in the dealers ?

Very good - I meant "centre stand" which refer to later in my post.
Thanks to you both, you've helped immensely!

I use a Harris Paddock stand from a GS for mine, a centre stand is useful but as a tart I don't want it cluttering the aesthetics

The stock bars are a bit on the huge side so clip ons or Rizoma Bars are a great mod. The stock cans are brilliant, on 2016 bikes they have removeable baffles and with the noise control valve removed they are fruity as they are straight through (and they are akrapovic)

I like my train style rear tail light, and the under tray to clean the back end up, GS LED indicators look good and are a straight fit

I'll put a better list together, SE Rider has a lovely R Nine T to.

I use a Harris Paddock stand from a GS for mine, a centre stand is useful but as a tart I don't want it cluttering the aesthetics

The stock bars are a bit on the huge side so clip ons or Rizoma Bars are a great mod. The stock cans are brilliant, on 2016 bikes they have removeable baffles and with the noise control valve removed they are fruity as they are straight through (and they are akrapovic)

I like my train style rear tail light, and the under tray to clean the back end up, GS LED indicators look good and are a straight fit

I'll put a better list together, SE Rider has a lovely R Nine T to.

Thanks for your reply it's much appreciated.
The paddock stand sounds a good idea as I can also use it on my TC GSA.
Who do you get your Rizoma gear from?
Do you not have a side mounted number plate too? Who supplied it, please?

Many thanks,

Iain

p.s. it looks tiny next to my TC GSA and about the same as my Norton Commando (all of them in black).

Very good - I meant "centre stand" which refer to later in my post.
Thanks to you both, you've helped immensely!

Apologies...I just read as o dude stand :blast. In the for section this week some one was selling a stand the assist tear wheel removal.

Here is my one after adding a couple more little bits and bobs...

Attachments

• IMG_2258.jpg
    IMG_2258.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_2259.jpg
    IMG_2259.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_2256.jpg
    IMG_2256.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_2257.jpg
    IMG_2257.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 372
Here is my one after adding a couple more little bits and bobs...

Very tidy!

I haven't looked anywhere yet but, I assume, I can buy a longer front fender to keep the muck off my engine????

Moore Speed Racing are where I tend to get my Rizoma bits from Khulu, good customer service, but Nippy Norman has started stocking Rizoma now and is undercutting some of the opposition

I'm about the same size as you Colin and have a black "original" 9T, it feels tiny when I hop off my K16, but it's a whole lot of fun. The riding position is ok, but I had to switch the bars out to make it perfect for me.

I think the original 9T has the potential to become a classic, makes me smile every time I ride it. The Original has USD forks, adjustable on this years model, Rev counter and other nk naks that you may well miss if they are not there.

The only criticism I have of mine is the damn spoked wheels, they went tubed, and not tubeless, a mistake IMHO, so my next purchase is a set of Alpina Tubeless wheels.

Will you answer a simple question for me, please?

I want to familiarise myself with my R Nine T but can't get the rider's seat off!
I've lifted the black plastic tab until it indents into my finger but can't get the seat loose.
Is there something I'm missing?

Ta

p.s. I agree with your point about the tubed tyres - crazy move by BMW!

Will you answer a simple question for me, please?

I want to familiarise myself with my R Nine T but can't get the rider's seat off!
I've lifted the black plastic tab until it indents into my finger but can't get the seat loose.
Is there something I'm missing?

Ta

p.s. I agree with your point about the tubed tyres - crazy move by BMW!

I replied in your other thread
Remove the passenger seat with the Torx key you got with your bike, lift the latch on the back of the riders seat and slide it back, done. Needs a firm hand but it just slides back

Back
Top Bottom