Rear light

X21ekx

Reaction score
Was thinking of changing my rear light to A LED on my 06 GSA just wondering will any year light fit or can I only go up too a certain age? Plus would I have a problem with the cambus system being that it's LED
Cheers in advance

"I think" if you buy an aftermarket one, you have to fit in line resistors that the seller should also offer.......I think you can fit the genuine BMW one and have the canbus upgraded to accept the LED light by the dealer.........this could work out pricey.

I am considering doing the same, I will keep an eye on this thread.

I did this in 2014 on my 07 GSA 12.....part number for the OEM Rear LED unit is: 63 21 77 14 555 which is expensive (of course) but I was fortunate enough to buy a new one @ a 'used' price from a forum member......I bought the plug & play cable (with inline resistors) from Motorworks.

I also replaced the original indicators with a used LED set, also bought from Motorworks.

Surely you only need resistors for the indicators not the rear light. The resistor is there to pull enough current to ensure the solenoid switches for the blinking effect. On a rear light it would just draw less current. I used led replacement bulbs on the rear light of my 1150gs

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think the canbus system will see it as a lamp failure if you don't have resistors. I also think I have seen a section in the GS911 software that allows you to set the rear light to be led or bulb so maybe an alternative to a visit to the dealers?

Back
Top Bottom